Quota Visa

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Has anyone heard of this type of Visa, I saw it on another expat forum, but details were sketchy.

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks, but I got the old chestnut “404” page not found.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Is this more what you need?

https://immigration.gov.ph/visa-requirements/immigrant-visa/quota-visa

Who can apply?

Nationals of countries which have diplomatic relations with the Philippines and grant the Filipinos the same immigration privileges under the principle of reciprocity which shall not be in excess of fifty (50) of any one nationality or without nationality for any one calendar year

Where to apply?

BI Main Office

What to bring?

1. Checklist with complete documentary requirements

2. Application Form

3.Additional Information on Applicant's children  (if needed)

How to apply?       

1. Secure the Consolidated General Application Form (CGAF) from either at the Public Information and Assistance Unit (PIAU) at BI G/F Main Office or from the official BI Website.

2. Submit the documents for pre-screening to the Central Receiving Unit (CRU) or to the frontline officer or staff of other Immigration Offices able to process this transaction.

3. Get the Order of Payment Slip (OPS).

4. Pay the required fees.

5. Submit copy of Official Receipt.

6. Attend hearing. Please refer to the Official Receipt for the schedule and venue of the hearing and Image and Fingerprint Capturing.

7. Proceed to Image and Fingerprint Capturing Counter of the Alien Registration Division (ARD) and submit requirements for ACR I-Card application

8. Check website if visa application is already approved.

9. If approved, submit passport for visa implementation.

10. If ACR I-Card is approved, claim ACR I-Card.

How much does it cost?

PRINCIPAL

DEP-SPOUSE

DEP-B16

DEP-B14

Php 18,830.00

Php 18,830.00

Php 18,580.00

Php 18,080.00

Additional Fee for ACR I-Card

1 Year - + US $50

*Fees are updated as of 06 March 2014 and may change without prior notice.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Has anyone heard of this type of Visa, I saw it on another expat forum, but details were sketchy.

My personal experience when trying to apply for one was that Immigration were not interested in issuing them out the usual way. After many emails and messages to them I ended up getting them on the phone.  Regardless how many times I asked for information they kept deflecting me to a retirement visa or getting married. I kept explaining I have no interest in those but wish information on the Quota Visa. They point blank refused to answer my questions. 

Since then I've personally been informed on average they go for about 300k peso even though online it's just over 18k peso to apply then wait to see if successfull and your application fee is non refundable. 

• Like 4

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I've personally been informed on average they go for about 300k peso even though online it's just over 18k

Yes this so, I have a very long time  good friend who, with his then Thai Wife paid some 250k each for the Quota Visa

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

I've personally been informed on average they go for about 300k peso

I was offered one for 250K 10 years ago so the 300K sounds about right.  Seems they are perks that certain "high ups" authorize in return for a gift.  I decided it would be cheaper to do bi-monthly toruist viss.  I have known people who have these quota visas and they are exactly what most of us need.  Every once in a while they let a few go out the "normal" way so cries of corruption can be disputed.  You really have to know the right people to get one, or so it was.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I was offered one for 250K 10 years ago so the 300K sounds about right.  Seems they are perks that certain "high ups" authorize in return for a gift.  I decided it would be cheaper to do bi-monthly toruist viss.  I have known people who have these quota visas and they are exactly what most of us need.  Every once in a while they let a few go out the "normal" way so cries of corruption can be disputed.  You really have to know the right people to get one, or so it was.

Hmmm, corruption in the process and selling visas.  Who would have thunk it? :whistling:

• Haha 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks to everyone for clearing that up for me, back to the drawing board I guess.

Dave Hounddriver, I think the same as you, for ease and not tying up large sums of money. 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

Thanks to everyone for clearing that up for me, back to the drawing board I guess.

Dave Hounddriver, I think the same as you, for ease and not tying up large sums of money. 

I find it difficult to understand how anyone could be asking thousands of peso these days unless its at the hearing but these things are easily reported now. If I recall Jim Sibbick (Aussie) had a quota visa but now deceased so cant ask him without long distance calls.