Disney are pulling all of their channels from Philippines broadcasters...

GeoffH
Posted
Posted

graham59
Posted
Posted

I presume this is what happens after the big players are permitted to buy up most of the smaller ones.

The consumer is neither consulted nor considered worthy of comment.  Business is business... so f you ? 

• Like 5

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Was always going to happen as new players entered the streaming space previously dominated by Netflix and Amazon Prime as well as Cignal etc.  Both those services were able to use programming from the major distributors who have now set up their own services and are withdrawing their programming from other providers.  We'll end up having to subscribe to several providers to get a range of channels which suits us.

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, hk blues said:

We'll end up having to subscribe to several providers to get a range of channels which suits us.

You're correct but it's going to mean poorer service and higher prices IMHO.  In my case SWMBO is still going to want to watch Filipino TV channels so I can't change from a TV and Internet package to just internet and I'd have to add a Disney+ subscription just to get the sports channels back.  Not happening.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 minutes ago, GeoffH said:

You're correct but it's going to mean poorer service and higher prices IMHO.  In my case SWMBO is still going to want to watch Filipino TV channels so I can't change from a TV and Internet package to just internet and I'd have to add a Disney+ subscription just to get the sports channels back.  Not happening.

Yup, agreed.  I have Cignal 1900 php package and will lose a fair few channels following the latest announcement but they're not ones I watch as a priority so I'll live with it at present.  There are a few non-negotiable channels I'd really struggle to accept losing but they're not at risk presently. I also have Netflix to supplement movies and TV shows which will pretty much cover what I'm losing with the Fox channels.  

Not great but not killing me for now.

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I got a 20 peso discount :smile: But we have not watched the TV I think for 2 years anyway.

Dear xxxxx  

Last April, The Walt Disney Company has decided to cease broadcast of 13 Disney and FOX channels in Hong Kong and Southeast Asia, including the Philippines, effective October 1, 2021. As a result, all pay TV operators in the country will not be able to offer these channels. The decision was made as part of Disney’s shift towards their online streaming business. 

Given this development, your Main Outlet - SKYcable HD 299 (M) plan will no longer include these channels effective October 1, 2021: FOXlife, FOX Channel, Disney Channel. 

Accordingly, your billing will be adjusted from Php 299 to Php 279 starting on the same date. This will automatically be reflected on your billing statement less advance payment scheme discounts, if any. If you are subscribed to Disney and FOX Select add-ons, you will also not be charged anymore with related fees starting October 1, 2021.

If you are also looking for similar content, please check out these channels and streaming apps: Nick Jr, Zoomoo, AXN, Rock Entertainment, Crime + Investigation, Warner TV, TLC, Food Network. We’ve also recently launched our plans with new channel-line up: HD 500 and HD 1000. You may get to know more about them at mysky.com.ph/skycable.

For more details, you may also visit mysky.com.ph/disneyfox. If there's anything else that we can help you with, please do send us a message at mysky.com.ph/contact-us. Please choose Disney/FOX Concerns under Transaction Type.

Thank you for your continued support and loyalty.

• Like 3

RBM
Posted
Posted

Any suggestions on for a computer dummy on how to watch Fox Sports.......Our Dito cell connection runs around 35...40 MPS down nd 20 plus up

jimeve
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, RBM said:

Any suggestions on for a computer dummy on how to watch Fox Sports.......Our Dito cell connection runs around 35...40 MPS down nd 20 plus up

I'v posted on the other thread 'fox sports, Hope this is allowed if not  admin kindly delete.. VIPLeague Free Live Sports Streams

• Like 2