Lack of face to face instruction?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I can't help but think the dismal results of the CPA qualification test are related to remote learning because of the pandemic.   And now students will lose another year of face to face instruction. :sad:

May be an image of text

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Mike J said:

And now students will lose another year of face to face instruction

Not all as face to face classes will be starting November the 15th for selected areas under a 2 month trial. I think 30 public schools have got permission and more are being assessed and some have failed.

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Not all as face to face classes will be starting November the 15th for selected areas under a 2 month trial. I think 30 public schools have got permission and more are being assessed and some have failed.

Yep - almost 700 applied for the pilot, 59 made it to the shortlist and only 30 were approved.  This doesn't fill me with much hope that the re-introduction of face-to-face classes will happen any time soon. I have resigned myself to the fact my son will not be returning to class this school year.

• Sad 2

Freebie
Posted
Posted

When theres a somewhat aged Pres and a VERY aged head of DepEd Philippines chances are they have long forgotten the need value and creativity provoked by education.  Mdme " Liling" Briones , who heads DepEd is now 81 !

Its more than inhumane that kids have been kept out of classes for almost 2 years. Sadly those kids have lost 2 very good years of their lives. Yes theyve had social interaction with their mates, but the discipline of learning, of studying of finding out answers to questions and being taught to ask questions has now long gone.

Schools would need a great deal of maintenance to reopen, families would be burdened with the need for uniforms books and of course to pay for all those " outings" that schools love to have here.

Its really sad what those in leadership roles have done to destroy education here.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Freebie said:

but the discipline of learning, of studying of finding out answers to questions and being taught to ask questions has now long gone.

I didn't know they taught that in Philippines schools.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:
15 hours ago, Freebie said:

but the discipline of learning, of studying of finding out answers to questions and being taught to ask questions has now long gone.

I didn't know they taught that in Philippines schools.

They had to cut some of the curriculum to make room for synchronized dance and marching.  :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
hk blues
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Well things have changed. Now 100 schools for the pilot trial.

DepEd completes list of 100 public schools joining F2F classes

THE Department of Education (Deped) has already completed the list of 100 public schools that will participate in the pilot testing of limited face-to-face classes, which will push through on November 15, 2021.

DepEd Secretary Leonor Briones said on Wednesday, November 3, that the participating schools are from the following regions:

Link HERE.

I wont post the story as it has inbuilt images with school lists. 

Good that they've extended it to 100 - and, as long as it's really a pilot that can be quickly scaled up, it's a big step in the right direction in getting kids back to "real" school.  My concern is there are over 3,000 public schools here and therefore is a pilot of 100 truly representative i.e. urban v rural / large v small / rich v poor etc etc?

That said, given the rest of the world hasn't seen fit to close all schools for more than 18 months it probably doesn't really matter what happens in the pilot as long as the end result is kids get back to classes and normality sooner rather than later. 

• Like 2
  • Love it 1