balikbayan visa working now ?

Shol
Posted
Posted

Hi there.

Unrelated to my own scenario I have a friend who will be coming to the Philippines and is married to a foreigner as well.   Is this program back on and can anyone let me know or link any current info related to their experiences coming here.   I am pretty sure it is functional again but I want to be certain I get the latest info with any peculiarities before I make any suggestions.

Thanks!

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted (edited)

Are you asking if a spouse of a Filipino citizen or dual citizen may accompany them traveling to Philippines? If so, yes.

They must provide a certified marriage certificate. After all a passport can't be good enough for those #X@*!. Don't forget a face mask coving the top of your head. Only in da Philippines! 

Edited by Old55
  • Like 5

Shol
Posted
Posted

Yes the 1 year visa thing because it was suspended in 2020 just wasn't sure if it was reinstated but I think so.

graham59
Posted
Posted

This was the latest on the Balikbayan 'Privilege' on the BI Facebook page (with which I recommend your friend keeps updated ). As always, if in doubt ...ASK Immigration : 

247650398_240746018093178_6211951425203840438_n.jpg

• Like 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Shol said:

Yes the 1 year visa thing because it was suspended in 2020 just wasn't sure if it was reinstated but I think so.

Been allowed for some time now. If not traveling with spouse then must apply in the home country for a visa first with a EED notation.

• Like 3