Pizz pour Journalism or Pinoy Pride gone awry?

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I think it's similar the World over.  Many times I used to get caught by the headline " Ex Serviceman."  You then read the story and the guy was in the military for a couple of years twenty years ago. I suppose it makes it more sensational than calling him unemployed. 

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 11/23/2021 at 7:58 AM, scott h said:

Add to that, in my 33 years in the US military I found that a large majority of Filipinos who joined the US military were the most listless, lazy, unmotivated and self serving bozo's that pooped between two boots. (but thats just me) 

What says Jake :smile: US Navy is military I believe. 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I worked for 32 years in the transportation industry.  Always pissed me off to read about a fatal traffic accident involving a "truck".  Ninety nine percent of the time is was a pickup truck, but the public would only read the headline.   It is not at all uncommon to find heavy haul drivers who have a million miles or more without an accident.

• Like 2

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

What says Jake :smile: US Navy is military I believe. 

Jake will reply if he can be bothered. :hystery:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Mike J said:

I worked for 32 years in the transportation industry.  Always pissed me off to read about a fatal traffic accident involving a "truck".  Ninety nine percent of the time is was a pickup truck, but the public would only read the headline.   It is not at all uncommon to find heavy haul drivers who have a million miles or more without an accident.

I worked in the transport industry for almost 40 years (buses, rigid trucks and light planes).

We consistently had the same issue with self drive vans being described in media reports as 'buses' (and yes... it's very annoying).

• Like 1