National Bureau of Investigations Kalibo

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I just had another "Its more fun in the Philippines " experience. 

I'd booked an appointment in Kalibo on the 19th of Nov traveling from Boracay to Kalibo for it. Seconds after paying the LGU changed the rules for entry to the island once departed which meant I couldn't risk it. No contact number online so I called the head office in Manila who told me they never had a contact number, put it down to efficiency so hung up and tried again twice more. Both times no luck. One even gave me the number for the Manila Office. 

Bit the bullet and just decided to book another appointment for today. Set off at early O'clock to avoid the rush, got here to be told they are offline and have been for two weeks and they don't know when they'll be online again. No text, email etc to warn me and they're still accepting bookings knowing their offline. 

You've got to laugh or it would drive you crazy. 

• Like 4
  • Sad 3

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I think we have all had a few of those in our times here......and yes, laughter is the only thing you can do, as well as a rueful shake of the head.

• Like 1

Yeochief
Posted
Posted

Things here in the Philippines can change as fast as a heartbeat.  

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Yeochief said:

Things here in the Philippines can change as fast as a heartbeat.

And rarely is the change for the better :hystery:

• Like 2

RBM
Posted
Posted

Well Snowy we just operate in our little bubble which is inside our province. Apart from a recent boat trip to Iloilo we stay put, congrats on laughing it off.