No vaccine no entry policy for Cebu

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Unvaccinated individuals will be prohibited from entering all indoor and outdoor establishments in Cebu City beginning next year.

Mayor Michael Rama said Friday the new directive, which takes effect Jan. 1, aims to fast-track the rollout of COVID-19 vaccines in the city. It covers both public and private establishments.

https://cnnphilippines.com/regional/2021/12/3/Cebu-City-no-vaccine-no-entry-2022-COVID-19.html?fb&fbclid=IwAR2YTcR-zoxzG--FL0ohZP3OA85tk5JdVmQmfoHyCtBb_V7thB-bTxl0zOE

• Like 3
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

One would hope this would get some off their butts and get vaccinated. 

Recently in our State one must be vaccinated to enter some establishments.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, Old55 said:

get some off their butts

Some sure,,,but it sure seems that all over the world there is about 30% of the population that just dont want to get jabbed. At first I thought it was just the States, but it appears to be most places.

The big difference here, will be the prevalence of fake docs and lazy enforcement...

• Like 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
37 minutes ago, scott h said:

Some sure,,,but it sure seems that all over the world there is about 30% of the population that just dont want to get jabbed. At first I thought it was just the States, but it appears to be most places.

I don't think the numbers of vaccine hold outs is as even as that... some countries it's higher and other countries it's lower than that.  Some western European countries are over 80% of the total population fully vaccinated, Spain and Portugal for example but many eastern European countries have under 50% vaccinated.  A similar situation exists across Asia, where Japan and Singapore have very high rates but other Asian countries have low rates.

• Like 3

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, GeoffH said:

I don't think the numbers of vaccine hold outs is as even as that

Your right,,I should have left out the numbers, and just made the comment about the public demonstrations that are sprouting up all over 

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Unvaccinated individuals will be prohibited from entering all indoor and outdoor establishments in Cebu City beginning next year.

This will cause a lot of issues for those who visit Cebu city and may have never heard of this new rule. Problem is also nothing is the same from one city or place to the next. If Mandaue, Lupu Lupu and Talisay dont do the same then perhaps they will do better with tourist or those here on business that are not vaccinated.

The new rule stops 12 to 17 year olds from entering a place even with parents. Haven't the kids suffered enough from lock downs for nearly 2 years. They used to say kids were not at high risk and only recently started giving vaccinations and now trying to force everyone within less than a month.

Then its up to someone else to enforce this such as restaurants staff and if they do could possibly be like what's happening in Australia and other places where staff are being abused and assaulted.

The places I have been lately such as bars, restaurant's have never asked for proof before entering so good luck with enforcing this.

A few times I have been into a Filipino resto type bar lately since my favorite watering hole closed down ignore curfew and anyone can stay and drink all night as they never close and keep serving.

This would be a good time to set up a barcode system or swipe a card at entry points where one who is vaccinated could just do a scan and walk in after a green light or beep or something to show they are allowed in.

• Like 3