Cebu Electronics Repair - 220V Fry

Gold Heart
Posted
Posted

I had a dual voltage small amplified speaker system I had shipped here in Balibyan box. I was so anxious to use it I plugged it in before realizing there was a switch to move it from 120 to 220. It is now dead. I needed something to accompany an projector system for movies as the speakers in the projector are useless.Is there a place in Cebu that one can take things like this for repair? Is it worth repairing when this happens? Should I just toss it and find a replacement? It was cheap made in China system that I use to use in our RV in the US.Any recommendations are appreciated.ThanksRon

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted
I had a dual voltage small amplified speaker system I had shipped here in Balibyan box. I was so anxious to use it I plugged it in before realizing there was a switch to move it from 120 to 220. It is now dead. I needed something to accompany an projector system for movies as the speakers in the projector are useless.Is there a place in Cebu that one can take things like this for repair? Is it worth repairing when this happens? Should I just toss it and find a replacement? It was cheap made in China system that I use to use in our RV in the US.Any recommendations are appreciated.ThanksRon
Hi Ron, depends on the extent of damage. There are a lot of electrical shops on streets that fix virtually anything but personally I would open it up first and look for an internal fuse as it could be as simple as changing it. Its a common error so worth looking at ;-)