Could This Martial Law Just Be A Ploy For A Joint Session?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

The Senate and the House of Representatives have agreed to hold a joint session on Wednesday to debate on the merits of Proclamation No. 1959 that Ms Arroyo issued on Dec. 4. to quell what she believed was a rebellion led by the powerful Ampatuan clanLink to the whole storyI believe that all the pieces are now set for a constitutional assembly to change the constitution. If they do decide to call a vote to change the constitution during this joint session, I wonder if the changes will end up positive or negative for us foreigners who live or want to live within the Philippines? I sure hope the Senate knows what they are doing by going to this joint session.

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

Does anyone feel the Philippines will end up under martial law based on the current happenings?

retired
Posted
Posted
Does anyone feel the Philippines will end up under martial law based on the current happenings?'Creeping martial law already upon nation'"I believe there is a conspiracy to prepare the ground for a bolder martial law, perhaps to cover the entire country," Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago said, pointing to the grand scheme directed at seizing absolute power and to preempt the conduct of the coming national elections. "The indication of more lawlessness and violence in areas near Maguindanao is part of a script. I have reason to believe this is not a random development. They are just not happening. One, the timing is very suspicious; and two, there has been no such pattern, one after the other sequences of acts of violence or depravation in the history of this province. We have not seen this kind of a pattern of behavior. It seems too much, even to the general public that someone or some group is trying to create a scenario to support martial law," Santiago said in an interview with reporters yesterday.Link to the complete story
I read a similar quote by this woman on another on - line site this am and to me it's just her usual political posturing . In her mind everything is a conspiracy and it's almost always the fault of the US . In the article i read she says the CIA is behind this latest incident . Of course she doesn't bother to mention what thier motivation might be for such a thing . Maybe the US needs more coconuts ? SugarwareZ-225.gif

tom_shor
Posted
Posted
Does anyone feel the Philippines will end up under martial law based on the current happenings?'Creeping martial law already upon nation'"I believe there is a conspiracy to prepare the ground for a bolder martial law, perhaps to cover the entire country," Sen. Miriam Defensor-Santiago said, pointing to the grand scheme directed at seizing absolute power and to preempt the conduct of the coming national elections. "The indication of more lawlessness and violence in areas near Maguindanao is part of a script. I have reason to believe this is not a random development. They are just not happening. One, the timing is very suspicious; and two, there has been no such pattern, one after the other sequences of acts of violence or depravation in the history of this province. We have not seen this kind of a pattern of behavior. It seems too much, even to the general public that someone or some group is trying to create a scenario to support martial law," Santiago said in an interview with reporters yesterday.Link to the complete story
I read a similar quote by this woman on another on - line site this am and to me it's just her usual political posturing . In her mind everything is a conspiracy and it's almost always the fault of the US . In the article i read she says the CIA is behind this latest incident . Of course she doesn't bother to mention what thier motivation might be for such a thing . Maybe the US needs more coconuts ? SugarwareZ-225.gif
I like coconuts. She may have a valid point however this incident appears to involve local authorities all the way up to the provincial governor. So who is left to try to investigate and see the guilty parties are punished? Who knows if they really ever will be. There are a number of possible events that can come out of this few of them with happy endings.