Wear your helmet!

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My bro-in-law was not wearing his helmet.  He is now at Chong Hua in Cebu city.  He required surgery to remove blood clots on the brain, was in a coma for four days, and finally opened his eyes yesterday. :sad:

Help Me Save My Father's Life, organized by Roche Amor Gador

• Like 1
  • Sad 7

fototek1
Posted
Posted

Sincere sympathy! I had a TBI and its a long road to recovery. It's been 11 years for me and fortunately I still only have minor issues.  I hope he progresses fully and quickly.  

• Like 4

Freebie
Posted
Posted

When I realised that I would be hiring bikes in many different parts of Philippines bought myself and gf 2 very good Spyder helmets ( Arai brand  too expensive ) .. nice tight fit and very protective for our noggins. 

Whenever  and wherever we travel they come with.

I hope your bro in law fully recovers, but I cant understand why people dont wear. I remember back in UK in the 70s they has TV adverts showing a tomato being hit by a hammer, stating " this is what happens if you dont wear a helmet.".

• Like 1

GeoffH
Posted
Posted (edited)

The benefits of wearing a motorbike helmet during a crash are undeniable and I always wear one.

A full face helmet is more protective than an open face but some times I wear an open face because when I was younger that's what was available and in budget so I'm used to them.

More important, in my opinion, is that some cheap helmets sold in the philippines are much less protective than good quality branded helmets.

In my opinion it's well worth paying a bit more for a branded one from a motorbike shop.

I hope your bro in law has a quick and easy recovery.

Edited by GeoffH
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, GeoffH said:

A full face helmet is more protective than an open face but some times I wear an open face because when I was younger that's what was available and in budget so I'm used to them.

So your profile picture is of when you were younger :dreams:

• Haha 3

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So your profile picture is of when you were younger :dreams:

Well yes... I am older than when the photo was taken :whistling:

• Haha 1

• 6 months later...
  • Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

He passed away last night at home.  Family was able to be there as one daughter flew in from Australia and one sister flew in from Davao.  He never did become cognizant.   Huge medical bills and the widow will almost certainly have to sell their home and move in with the second daughter who is married and lives in Cebu City.

• Sad 6

longtimer61202
Posted
Posted

My condolences.

• Thanks 1