Day 5 PCR Swab

Gator
Posted
Posted

A little past 2am now and just got double swabbed. The labs must be busy if they're starting this early. Anyhow the swabber swabbed once at the back of my throat and then in both nostrils (with a different Q-tip).  She then repeated the process. I was told two samples are taken in case the first sample is inconclusive or positive; in either case they would run the test again. Cost was 2,000.00 pesos (seniors and PWD's get a 500 peso discount; and yeah I got the PWD discount cuz I'm a mental case, lol). The swabbers told me I would have the results within 24 hours (not 8 hours like what told to Brett) and to just check my email or the OHP website update. 

@ swabbie Brett - they also take two samples from you? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Gator said:

A little past 2am now and just got double swabbed.

I wonder if they do it at this early hour so there's no traffic and can get back to the lab in time for testing and results within 24 hours.

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 2

Gator
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I wonder if they do it at this early hour so there's no traffic and can get back to the lab in time for testing and results within 24 hours.

That's possible. Could also be that it's a bit cooler at night as the swabbers were wearing full Tyvek suits, surgical hats, face masks, face shields, surgical gloves taped at the wrists and surgical booties. 

• Like 3

Gator
Posted
Posted

Just as I hit the submit button for the above post I got a text msg from the lab.

@ 03:39 AM from Doxicare: "Your specimen 12-CVD-(123456) is now being processed."

I have to say I didn't expect any communication from the for at least a few more hours.

• Like 2
  • Love it 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Gator..... I'd be legitimately mental after going through all the delays and BS you and Brett have experienced. Glad you'er nearly through it now.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Gator said:

A little past 2am now and just got double swabbed. The labs must be busy if they're starting this early. Anyhow the swabber swabbed once at the back of my throat and then in both nostrils (with a different Q-tip).  She then repeated the process. I was told two samples are taken in case the first sample is inconclusive or positive; in either case they would run the test again. Cost was 2,000.00 pesos (seniors and PWD's get a 500 peso discount; and yeah I got the PWD discount cuz I'm a mental case, lol). The swabbers told me I would have the results within 24 hours (not 8 hours like what told to Brett) and to just check my email or the OHP website update. 

@ swabbie Brett - they also take two samples from you? 

I think I forgot to mention mine cost 1500PHP.  Yes, they told me 8 hours but in reality it took 20 hours.  Not too bad given the turnaround in some countries right now.  

• Like 4

Gator
Posted
Posted

09:05 AM - Got a text msg and a few few seconds later an email my test results ......NEGATIVE!  Also OHP already updated.

Will need to stay another day in the hotel as I have already set up for tomorrow morning the car service I normally use. 

• Like 2

Clermont
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Gator said:

09:05 AM - Got a text msg and a few few seconds later an email my test results ......NEGATIVE!  Also OHP already updated.

From what Brett and yourself have posted, the process seems pretty straight forward, both of you have had no glitches, the prices seem reasonable, thanks to both of you. :cheersty: 

• Like 5

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Gator said:

"Your specimen 12-CVD-(123456)

Look at that, you got sequenced numbers. Maybe buy a lotto ticket, it's your lucky day :laugh:

• Haha 1