Super spreader event?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I was able to get my booster yesterday at the local covered basketball court.  The chairs were set out in rows of five with reasonable spacing between each chair and each row.  I arrived almost an hour early and was in row number six.  The procedure was that as the first row emptied, all rows moved forward in the empty chairs.   I had completed step one and moved into the second group and was watching the first group.  A "kano" moved a chair into a sixth position on row number two.  After just few minutes all the rows behind him starting to have six rows.  Then a seventh chair was added to row two.  Now when row one empties, there are not enough empty chairs so two folks remain in row two.  Those folks get cranky and slide their chairs forward.  The other chairs now slide forward to match it.  

In about twenty minutes the orderly position of chairs began to look like the worst economy airline seating you have ever seen.  Some rows have 9 or even 10 chairs.  Every row was pushed up right behind the next with knees touching the seat ahead.   I can't help but wonder if I went to get a booster and became part of a "super spreader event" but at least I did get my Moderna booster.   As the locals tell me; "Only in the Da Philippines". :whistling:

IMG_20220131_094228.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Sad 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
9 minutes ago, Mike J said:

I can't help but wonder if I went to get a booster and became part of a "super spreader event"

I had the same experience here in Canada.  Long line of people waiting an hour to get their booster and "helpers" coaxing everyone to move up close to each other because its cold outside and they wanted to get people from outside into the building.  Unlike Philippines, we did not have chairs to sit on.  Loads of grumpy seniors that day.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

Of course all the chairs are 'sanitized' in between occupants. :rolleyes:

Perhaps play some music and make a fun game out of the swappery. :mocking:

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, graham59 said:

Of course all the chairs are 'sanitized' in between occupants. :rolleyes:

Perhaps play some music and make a fun game out of the swappery. :mocking:

Like the game "musical chairs" that kids play in the USA.  Except they stop having fun with it when they reach about age six. :hystery:

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
8 minutes ago, Mike J said:

Like the game "musical chairs" that kids play in the USA.  Except they stop having fun with it when they reach about age six. :hystery:

Reminds me of something.....

EA875CFE-6A42-4264-AA76-FE2785100715_4_5005_c.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Loads of grumpy seniors that day.

Are there any other kinds? :hystery:

• Haha 3