Fire at Russian embassy

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Getting rid of some old files?  :whistling:

https://news.abs-cbn.com/news/02/05/22/dfa-says-russian-embassy-staff-safe-after-fire

The Department of Foreign Affairs (DFA) on Saturday said the occupants of the Russian embassy in the Philippines which was hit by a fire on Friday night are all safe.

"In connection with the fire at the Russian Embassy yesterday evening, the Department of Foreign Affairs is relieved to learn from Ambassador Marat Pavlov that all his personnel have been accounted for and are safe," the DFA said in a statement.

Russian embassy sa Makati, nasunog
"The Russian Embassy is taking measures to ensure the integrity and security of the chancery premises and the properties inside, as it should, taking special care that diplomatic correspondence is protected."

According to the Bureau of Fire Protection, the fire started at the second floor of the embassy in Acacia Street in Makati City at around 8:30 p.m.

It reached 2nd alarm at 8:42 p.m. before it was put under control at 9:38 p.m.

Fire fighters declared the fire out at 2:10 a.m. Saturday.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

I live in a high rise condo and had an excellent view of the fire. It was raging and at one point was probably 3 to 4 storeys in height. . And most interesting was the fact that I counted 47 fire or other emergency vehicles attending the scene. They were comng from Makati, Mandaluyong, Pasay and Pasig.

EDSA was full of them as was the road near me that leads to EDSA and McKinley ( entrance road for Dasmarinas ).

I guess there was some fear that the fire might spread to the houses of the rich and famous nearby hence the huge amount of attending vehicles. Plus as I recall from when I worked in Makati , the Fire department charges you when its called out.. so the more fire trucks attend a fire, the greater the charges ?

One report on CNN said 18 vehicles attended...as I said, I counted 47.

• Like 4