Philippine airlines lounges

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Of course Philippine airlines doesn’t have their own airport lounge fair enough considering the number of flights they have going out of Shitney, but as long as they have money to pay for fuel no problems.

Usually other airlines will let them use theirs for a price but not with this lot their credit must be on the nose.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Gator
Posted
Posted

When I transited thru LAX the Admirals club there was closed…..short staff and lack of international travel due to Covid was the reason I was given. Actually quite a few of the duty free stores were closed as well. 

But I’m sure now that the Philippines are back open, and with all the millions of tourists who’ll be flocking here, they’ll be open for business soon if not already!  

• Haha 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted (edited)

I'm not even sure who they were "allied" with.  I'm pretty sure they weren't part of Star Alliance or One World. If they were a member of either you can use the member airlines lounges in the absence of their own.  But as Gator said, probably not too may up and running again yet.

Edited by BrettGC
  • Like 1

Gator
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, BrettGC said:

I'm not even sure who they were "allied" with.  I'm pretty sure they weren't part of Star Alliance or One World. If they were a member of either you can use the member airlines lounges in the absence of their own.  But as Gator said, probably not too may up and running again yet.

PAL is not part of any alliance, not yet anyhow, but they have been trying and, due to their code share partners, will likely get on with Star Alliance.

They did recently sign a codeshare agreement with AA (for flights booked via PAL / travel websites), but it’s limited to flights from only a handful of US cities to LAX and SFO; and now I believe to Seattle as well.  When booking with AA their flights hand off to PAL outside of the continental US (more revenue for AA). 

• Like 2

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Yes it’s all very strange where you can leave Sydney on Qantas connect in Singapore with PAL to Manila, no codeshare in place, no status earned and no QFF points earned.

Such is the devious thing that the (some nationality) and his band of accountants do. They really should be wearing balaclavas like all good robbers do.

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 7:10 AM, Onemore52 said:

Usually other airlines will let them use theirs for a price but not with this lot their credit must be on the nose.

You do recall they declared bankruptcy last year and only recently were removed from bankruptcy so yes I guess credit rating for them wont be good.

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 2:54 AM, Gator said:

When I transited thru LAX the Admirals club there was closed…..short staff and lack of international travel due to Covid was the reason I was given. Actually quite a few of the duty free stores were closed as well. 

But I’m sure now that the Philippines are back open, and with all the millions of tourists who’ll be flocking here, they’ll be open for business soon if not already!  

Centurion Lounge, too. Blah...

• Like 1