Adolescent pregnancies drop 10% during pandemic

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted

Authorities are coming out with all kinds of new wave, politically correct reasons,,,,,I say it was because Mom and Dad were stuck at home and the kids could not engage in WOOPIE! (link wont paste for some reason):hystery:

MANILA, Philippines — Pregnancies among adolescents aged 10 to 17 have “significantly dropped” by 10 percent from 2019 to 2020, the Commission on Population and Development (PopCom) said yesterday.

According to PopCom executive director Juan Antonio Perez III, the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) had registered 62,510 live births among 10- to 17-year-old mothers in 2019.

This is 6,082 or 10 percent higher than the 56,428 live births recorded in 2020.

Perez said all regions exhibited declines in numbers, with the National Capital Region (NCR) having the “most pronounced decrease” at 1,004 or from 7,536 in 2019, to 6,532 in 2020, a 13 percent drop.

NCR was followed by Calabarzon from 8,008 to 7,166 live births or a difference of 842 births and Zamboanga peninsula from 2,574 to 2,139 or a decline of 435 births.

It was followed by Davao region, at 14 percent decline from 4,551 to 3,905 in 2019 and 2020.

Perez added the COVID-19 pandemic had an impact on adolescent pregnancies as the drop had occurred around December 2020.

“The lowest number of births was when the pandemic had effectively curbed adolescent fertility because of factors like the closing down of face-to-face classes and the lockdowns,” he said.

The official also credited PopCom’s “unrelenting collaboration with government agencies, local government units, like-minded partners and stakeholders in upholding the welfare of Filipino youth, especially those who started to have families at a young age.”

• Like 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
32 minutes ago, scott h said:

,I say it was because Mom and Dad were stuck at home and the kids could not engage in WOOPIE!

That is unlikely as the pandemic lockdowns did not start until approx. late April 2020 so the ones giving birth in 2020 would already be knocked up by then. 😎  "  source https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/COVID-19_pandemic_in_Central_Visayas

• Like 1

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is unlikely

kill a joke.jpg

• Haha 4

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
47 minutes ago, scott h said:

kill a joke.jpg

Oops.  My bad.  Limited sense of humor due to dealing with bureaucracy

• Haha 3

• 3 weeks later...
Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 8:42 AM, Dave Hounddriver said:

That is unlikely as the pandemic lockdowns did not start until approx. late April 2020

If my memory is correct in Cebu city everything started to change in March for lockdowns and restrictions.

Clermont
Posted
Posted
On 2/19/2022 at 10:05 AM, scott h said:

“The lowest number of births was when the pandemic had effectively curbed adolescent fertility because of factors like the closing down of face-to-face classes

I've always been against sex ed at school, 30 years later it took a pandemic to prove my point, sex ed causes babies. :11:

• Haha 5

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Gator said:

but I’ll bet the inbred rate skyrocketed.

I wasnt going to go there,,,,,,,,,,,,,,but.....

spot on.jpg

• Like 2

graham59
Posted
Posted

Yep... my (17 at the time) nephew and his much older MARRIED cousin.  A baby girl... all doing well. 

His own parents are first cousins too.  :unsure:

• Like 2