Motion of Consideration Overstaying 36 months tourist

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

My personal experience filling one out. The basic background is I had two weeks left of my 36 month and wanted a 2 month extension. 

I had to go to window 30 in the Main Immigration office in Intramuros, Manila and fill in a form TVS-CGAF-VE-2016. 

This is basically an application stating your requirements. You hand this back filled in with a copy of your passport bio page, last entry stamp and a copy of your last visa receipt. Alongside this you need an affidavit from an attorney stating why you want to overstay. I used a side street notary for 550 peso who had an official stamp. 

At window 30 give it to the attendant who will provide a  claim slip which I've attached with a date you should have an answer by and what their decision is. 

In my case I was given 26 days for an answer. Now the fun starts. No one contacted me so I phoned the numbers of the claim slip a total of 203 times and got 4 answers all saying they know nothing and to try another number. The other numbers never once picked their phones up. The final reply I was explaining I needed an answer or I'll have travel from the Visayas all the way to Manila just to find out nothing has been done. The reply "Yes Sir."

Yes I ended up having to fly there. Went to window 30 to be told my paperwork is on the 4the floor legal department who deal with it. Room 420. Went there and they sent me to 405 who sent me to 415. I was getting the run around but found a young attorney who when I explained I was getting messed around offered to help me. He found my documents and told me they still need 3 signatures but will try his best to get them. I'd told him I fly back the next day so need an answer. 

More waiting until I was told they would be transferred to room 420. Go for lunch, went for lunch and returned to be told they were waiting for the documents to go downstairs for signing. Another hour before being told they were in with the Head of the BI and to wait outside his office..

Luckily I found a friendly security guard who offered to chase it up. 30 mins later she told me " sorry Sir, we only got your documents today so they can't be signed." I started on my sob story showing my phone records, flight costs, hotel etc. Explained how much I'd been put out so she said she'd try to help. 

30 mins later I got the thumbs up but the documents would be at window 30 and to wait a while. I went there anyway and received a letter explaining my fine. 10k fine plus 5k Express lane fee and to get a visa with up to 120 days on it then to leave the country.  I was sent to window 14 to pay it. At there they gave me a piece of paper to check my name and go to window 21.

Got to window 21 who gave me another bill for my visa plus add ons. A further 4.65k made up of the items attached in the second photo plus another 1k peso of which 500 was another Express lane fee and 500 peso for the Express lane certificate. I only got 2 months on this visa. 

Once I paid all that it was back to window 30 to prove I"d paid then I received my passport back plus visa. 

In short if they do everything it's only 3 signatures then pay the fine and leave. It looks like they are only giving up to 120 days and your visa is dated from when your last visa ran out not when they did the paperwork. They don't answer the phone and the paperwork can sit in a tray with no one looking at it so if in a hurry you need to chase it up. 

IMG_20220223_141022.jpg

IMG_20220223_151808.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Sad 3

graham59
Posted
Posted

It is rumoured that computer systems will soon be making an appearance in the Philippines, AND that they will be connected to the internet. :thumbsup:  

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

My personal experience filling one out.

Just wondering why you did not do a visa run if as you posted elsewhere that tourist can extend. Seems the money you pay could get you a ticket somewhere.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Just wondering why you did not do a visa run if as you posted elsewhere that tourist can extend. Seems the money you pay could get you a ticket somewhere.

I had started my motion 5 days before the palace announced the country was opening up. As soon as I saw the news I did a quick check on flights, crazy money. Some over 70k pesos one way to Cambodia. Many of the countries also had quarantine or tests on landing. One positive the whole flight gets quarantined. Others wanted 7 days quarantine. It turned out a lot cheaper just more messing around getting a motion and at least I'm in country. 

• Like 5

Snowy79
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Old55 said:

How you were able to endure this level of ineptitude, stupidity and incompetence is beyond me. 

It was hard trust me. They must lose so many documents as each office looked like a bull had charged through it. You could barely see any tables for piles of paperwork. On the 3rd floor there is a pile of paperwork about 20ft long by 3ft high and 4ft deep just piled up. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Shol
Posted
Posted

Almost worth it to just marry someone you don't even know lol.  Joke lang!

That whole side street notary thing is their money making scam, but it seems like they found someone they could really lay on the fees since you wanted to stay longer.  

That's some sad nonsense that makes my 13a experiences look like child's play lol.....

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
17 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

As soon as I saw the news I did a quick check on flights, crazy money. Some over 70k pesos one way to Cambodia.

The other day I looked at prices and seem to have come down for bookings in a month or two ahead. I think Malaysia was still cheap but not sure of entry conditions but looks like things are improving in many places. I hope they keep improving before my visa run as I get stressed from flying and all associated with it.

• Like 1

graham59
Posted
Posted

I had the Mrs phone my local BI Field Office, as my (13A Probationary) ACR-1 card was about to expire...and I wanted to stay on the right side of immigration laws. 

They said I was still okay and 'legal'. Just wait for the 13A (Permanent) to finish processing.  Hopefully only another few days before that happens. Soo fingers crossed again. 

• Like 1