US Social Security Application for Child.

Youngster
Posted
Posted

Got the CRBA and US passport for my son and just completed the application process for his Social Security Number at the US Embassy. Now I'm wondering how long it will be until his Social Security Card arrives.  Anyone?  How long did it take for your children's card to arrive?

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
8 hours ago, Youngster said:

Got the CRBA and US passport for my son and just completed the application process for his Social Security Number at the US Embassy. Now I'm wondering how long it will be until his Social Security Card arrives.  Anyone?  How long did it take for your children's card to arrive?

Did they tell you how it would be sent?  I'm fairly certain they are printed in the U.S. and then moved by diplomatic mail to the embassy.  I can't recall how we received them for my two daughters, but the time was ok.  I think they sent by courier from the embassy to our home.

You can email U.S. Citizens Services and ask.

Youngster
Posted
Posted
On 3/2/2022 at 3:37 PM, OnMyWay said:

Did they tell you how it would be sent?  I'm fairly certain they are printed in the U.S. and then moved by diplomatic mail to the embassy.  I can't recall how we received them for my two daughters, but the time was ok.  I think they sent by courier from the embassy to our home.

You can email U.S. Citizens Services and ask.

A letter they gave me at the embassy indicated I should have the card within two weeks, but didn't indicate how it would be sent and no courier fee was collected as was the case for CRBA.  Looks like I'll have to email them.

• Like 1