Club Tara Resort Siargao

fototek1
Posted
Posted

My wife and I are planning our first trip back to the Philippines since 2020. We are going back special for Tatay's birthday in June and want to also have a vacation for ourselves within the trip. We are thinking about Siargao because we have never been there and it is also supposedly a good place to escape the June rain. Do any of you have any experience with the Club Tara resort? Is it a nice place? We are open to recommendations of great places to stay and things to do in June. I am not good at sitting on a beach doing nothing :)

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
14 minutes ago, fototek1 said:

things to do in June.

Not familiar with that resort foto....But just so you know, we are planning on going to our favorite resort in Batangas, one of the restrictions (theoretically) is that there are no side trips allowed. Once you check in, you are not allowed to leave due to covid,,,,,

Having said that, the gov is talking about going level 1 nation wide, and maybe to level 0 soon, so things might change before your trip,,,,,,,,,,,hopefully :cheers:

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
10 hours ago, fototek1 said:

We are thinking about Siargao

You do know the island was devastated by the typhoon. Not much left that I have seen in video.

• Like 2

baronapart
Posted
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

You do know the island was devastated by the typhoon. Not much left that I have seen in video.

My wife has friends there. I don't think I would be headed there for a while. But I hear resorts in Bohol are already open again so maybe Siargao will be back on line soon, too.

Edited by baronapart
  • Like 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

As I currently sit halfway around the world, I had forgotten about the typhoon. My plan was to visit friends in Cebu and then head to Siargao. Glad I asked you guys before booking. I will check in with my friends in Cebu and see what they recommend. They have not steered me wrong in the past 10 years.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 hours ago, fototek1 said:

As I currently sit halfway around the world, I had forgotten about the typhoon. My plan was to visit friends in Cebu and then head to Siargao. Glad I asked you guys before booking. I will check in with my friends in Cebu and see what they recommend. They have not steered me wrong in the past 10 years.  

I doubt if a lot of recovery has happened but might be ok in some parts. Probably find out from a Google search or youtube.