PAL Refund Received

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Thanks for sharing this Brett. And congratulations! We do hear many stories of poor service and refund procedures.

Both my wife and I have had bad experiences. Never will fly PAL again.

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Never say never.  I said never.  I was wrong.  When the flight you want gets cancelled last minute then PAL are great to book 'n go.  I would still say "I will never PLAN to fly PAL again". :56da64b64cbd8_36_6_31::5795:

True, stranger things happen. I remember the wringer you guys went through. 

If for some reason domestic Cebu Pacific flights were unavailable we would have no choice but fly PAL. Or take a ferry. A ferry voyage sounds kinda nice now that I'm retired.  :smile:

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
10 minutes ago, Old55 said:

True, stranger things happen. I remember the wringer you guys went through. 

If for some reason domestic Cebu Pacific flights were unavailable we would have no choice but fly PAL. Or take a ferry. A ferry voyage sounds kinda nice now that I'm retired.  :smile:

I've been trying to convince AM that we take the ferry for our planned trip to Cebu in a couple of months but she's not budging.  She still remembers the bad old days when fatal ferry incidents were commonplace and they didn't have the inclement weather restrictions they do now. 

I don't mind the bus trip up the coast, it's very scenic but it's be nice to get up and move about at will.  

• Like 3

Gas
Posted
Posted

Things have improved at PAL :whistling:

Took me 12 months and the wife 16 months to get a refund for our Manila >Brisbane return flights. My wife's refund was only payed after the attorney at the Philippine Civil Aeronautics Board pestered them for around a month. 

Would we fly PAL again. Like Dave said never say never! We have a daughter who lives in the Gold Coast and the PAL flight was very convenient as it was at night and direct to Brisbane. 

• Like 3

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I just got an email from PAL today saying they converted my 5 unused tickets to travel credits.  Last time I spoke to them in January they said that would not be possible.

• Like 1

Clermont
Posted
Posted

Earlier on I wrote about the wife wouldn't fly anything but PAL, since you blokes have been writing about the refunds hassle's and one of her good friends being dicked around with date changes for their flight, no worries now, we'll fly QANTAS, about the same exorbitant price but they have five flights out of Sydney a week.  

Brett you are right, a bloke needs a lacky to carry the paperwork just to get out of the country and another thing, no 48 hr testing to get back into Australia from mid April. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Clermont said:

Earlier on I wrote about the wife wouldn't fly anything but PAL, since you blokes have been writing about the refunds hassle's and one of her good friends being dicked around with date changes for their flight, no worries now, we'll fly QANTAS, about the same exorbitant price but they have five flights out of Sydney a week.  

Brett you are right, a bloke needs a lacky to carry the paperwork just to get out of the country and another thing, no 48 hr testing to get back into Australia from mid April. :56da64b51da2f_36_1_681:

I'll be honest, I've never really had a bad experience with PAL, well no worse than any other carrier.  Air Asia is my never fly airline; lost bags twice.  Oh, and Air Niugini (PNG's national carrier), I used them once after PAL stopped the direct flights from Cairns to Manila (massive Filipino population in Cairns), granted they're cheap but never on time and refused to honour lost bag insurance for a friend I was travelling with.  It wasn't a case just waiting it out and they'd eventually pay, they just outright refused stating that the bag was never checked in despite the luggage stub.     

• Like 3