Extended Courtsy Visa success.

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Yesterday on April 1st of all days I found out my SRRV has been completed and I'm allegedly retired now. 

As usual I suffered the Government efficiency as I'd been waiting over one month and hadn't heard a thing so decided to call.  They kindly informed me my visa was already successfully completed and awaiting collection, just pop in.

I'm on Boracay so explained that it's not a case of popping in can they just send me my documents which they agreed to do, but will require some signatures scanned plus my thumb prints and to just email them.  Now I'm no expert but I'm under the impression there's an oath ceremony I have to undergo.  Did I just get another highly efficient employee and will get the good news in a few days that I have to attend in person or am I going to strike it lucky?

• Haha 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

Yesterday on April 1st of all days I found out my SRRV has been completed and I'm allegedly retired now. 

As usual I suffered the Government efficiency as I'd been waiting over one month and hadn't heard a thing so decided to call.  They kindly informed me my visa was already successfully completed and awaiting collection, just pop in.

I'm on Boracay so explained that it's not a case of popping in can they just send me my documents which they agreed to do, but will require some signatures scanned plus my thumb prints and to just email them.  Now I'm no expert but I'm under the impression there's an oath ceremony I have to undergo.  Did I just get another highly efficient employee and will get the good news in a few days that I have to attend in person or am I going to strike it lucky?

Maybe the answer to your question is in the very 1st few words of your post!

Who knows - the same guy can give you different answers to the same question either side of lunch here.

• Haha 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Now I'm no expert but I'm under the impression there's an oath ceremony I have to undergo.

Never heard of that before.

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

Yesterday on April 1st of all days I found out my SRRV has been completed and I'm allegedly retired now.  Now I'm no expert but I'm under the impression there's an oath ceremony I have to undergo.  Did I just get another highly efficient employee and will get the good news in a few days that I have to attend in person or am I going to strike it lucky?

You only have to do the ‘oath ceremony’ if and when you are granted citizenship of the Philippines. You are just becoming a permanent resident based on your SRRV, not a Philippine citizen.

• Like 4

• Forum Support
scott h
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Snowy79 said:

but I'm under the impression there's an oath ceremony I have to undergo.

Perhaps just an language interpretation issue, perhaps it is just a sworn statement or notarization requirement? Seem to remember something like that when I got my 13A visa the first time.

• Like 1

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

I'm going to try my luck and hope they send the documents. On their reply by messenger they said to contact them to arrange my oath schedule but on the phone conversation they never metioned an oath, just signing some documents and having my finger prints scanned. I'll try my luck to see if they will just forward my documents to save the trip to Manila. 

RBM
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, Snowy79 said:

I'm going to try my luck and hope they send the documents. On their reply by messenger they said to contact them to arrange my oath schedule but on the phone conversation they never metioned an oath, just signing some documents and having my finger prints scanned. I'll try my luck to see if they will just forward my documents to save the trip to Manila. 

Snowy there used to be an oath ceremony but no more. Once you forward the finger prints they will forward your complete kit.

• Thanks 1

Eddie1
Posted
Posted

Done my SRRVisa last year, there was talk of an 'Oath Ceremony' but it never happened.  Wouldn't worry about it.

• Like 5