Region 7 LTO Accredited Clinics

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Bit of a quandary here; found all the requirements to obtain a Philippine licence but the LTO site lists every region except 7 on its list of accredited medical centres to obtain the drug test and medical.  Anyone had any recent experience?  

Here's the link I'm talking about, I'm pretty sure I'm not going nuts:

https://lto.gov.ph/latest-advisory/410-list-of-accredited-medical-clinics-and-registered-physicians.html#region-8

Requirements were listed in the below post:

As well as I found another source (yes, I always double check):

What are the requirements needed as a foreigner to obtain a non-professional Philippine driver’s license?

• Your valid foreign license and one photocopy. If your license is not in English, you’ll need to submit an official English translation, which you can obtain from your embassy.
  • Original copy of your valid passport. The passport must show your latest date of arrival in the Philippines.
  • If you are temporarily residing in the Philippines, you are required to present an original and machine copy of valid visa or alien certificate of registration (ACR).
  • Medical certificate (original copy) with official receipt. This must be issued by a physician accredited by the Land Transportation Office (LTO).
  • Negative drug test result issued by a drug testing center accredited by the Department of Health (DOH) or government hospitals.
  • Fully accomplished driver’s license application (ADL), which you can download here.
  • If you are employed, present your Taxpayer’s Identification Number (TIN) in compliance with Executive Order 98 & MC ACL-2009-1251.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Ignore all of the above, I asked my wife... Local LTO does the medicals. 

• Like 3

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Local LTO does the medicals. 

They often have acquaintances just outside the LTO office and they insist the pee tests be done there so they get a cut, IMHO.  Then there is the one in Robinson's Mall, Dumaguete that has a medical office right next door to do a pee test AND an eye test.  But they do not watch you while you cover your eye so if you have trouble reading the eye chart then just peak between your fingers.

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

They often have acquaintances just outside the LTO office and they insist the pee tests be done there so they get a cut, IMHO.  Then there is the one in Robinson's Mall, Dumaguete that has a medical office right next door to do a pee test AND an eye test.  But they do not watch you while you cover your eye so if you have trouble reading the eye chart then just peak between your fingers.

Robinson's would be the obvious place for me living just down the road, but unfortunately the LTO there closed last year.  

Eye test isn't an issue, I've had to wear glasses while driving for years so can't see that changing here.  

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

My experience with physical exams.   I have done the "exam" three times.  First time for license, twice for renewals.

First time (8 years ago) I approach the doctors desk where BP monitor, stethoscope, color vision test, etc. is located and take a seat.  There is also an eye chart on the wall.  Hand the doctor my form which has name, height, weight, etc.

Doc - Do you know your blood pressure?

Me - No

Doc - Is it normal

Me - I guess it is.

Doc - Is it 110 over 70?

Me - (Hmm I think I know where this is going) Yes, yes it is.  Doc writes 110/70 on my form. 

Doc - Can you read the eye chart (the eye chart is about four feet away)

Me - Yes (Doc puts down 20/20 vision on my form)

Doc - Can you tell red from green?

Me - Yes (Doc puts down color vision normal)

Second trip for renewal 

I fill out the medical form name, height, etc..

Doctor has no questions this time, just puts down BP ok , vision ok, etc. and signs the form and I pay the fee.

Third trip also for renewal

Pay the doctor's fee first.  Doctor hands me the top form from a stack that is already filled out with medical info and pre-signed by the doctor.  Complete the form by adding my name, height, weight, etc.  No questions at all that year.  And I'm done!  

The third trip was about 3 years ago so not sure if anything has changed.

Only in Da Philippines :tongue:

• Haha 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Register online for your licence to cover all eventualities as this year an online theory test was introduced. You will get a registration number which you give to the receptionist at the LTO and she will bring your data up. I needed a medical which consisted of an eye test and colour blind test, nothing else. I've heard others getting different tests, if you have previously had a licence and no infringements you get a ten year licence, first timers and dodgy drivers get a five year one. https://portal.lto.gov.ph/ords/f?p=PUBLIC_PORTAL:ONLINE_VALIDATION_EXAM

• Like 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

Robinson's would be the obvious place for me living just down the road, but unfortunately the LTO there closed last year.  

What about the one in Bais?  Is it open?  It was the easiest and fastest one to get anything done but they did ask me why I went there instead of Dumaguete.  I gave them BS that I had a GF in Bais I came to visit and they took care of everything very quickly and easily.

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

What about the one in Bais?  Is it open?  It was the easiest and fastest one to get anything done but they did ask me why I went there instead of Dumaguete.  I gave them BS that I had a GF in Bais I came to visit and they took care of everything very quickly and easily.

Good to know, we head north fairly regularly so if it's that quick, might be worth dropping in.  

• Like 1