What Is The Actual Population Of Cebu City?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

I am sorry but the numbers seem skewed. How can there only be under 1 million people when they say that there are 516,232 registered voters in Cebu city? What about all the children and what about all the foreigners who live in Cebu City? WikipediaCebu, Philippines - The number of voters who registered with the Commission on Elections all over Cebu City and Province has reached 2,416,092.Cebu City has a total number of 516,232 registered voters for next year

til
Posted
Posted
I am sorry but the numbers seem skewed. How can there only be under 1 million people when they say that there are 516,232 registered voters in Cebu city? What about all the children and what about all the foreigners who live in Cebu City?
Do you think kids and foreigners make up 50% or more of the population?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted
I am sorry but the numbers seem skewed. How can there only be under 1 million people when they say that there are 516,232 registered voters in Cebu city? What about all the children and what about all the foreigners who live in Cebu City?
Do you think kids and foreigners make up 50% or more of the population?
Now you should know the answer to that on your own if you have been to Cebu City. For every married Filipino (and some others) couple there are at least a few children and there are many foreigners living in Cebu, Koreans, Japanese, Chinese and other Asians as well as all the white round eyes who are married to a Philippine lady and then there are all the church groups, but I guess all those do not count.

til
Posted
Posted

Well about 44% of the population is below 18 in the phils. But it could be different for Cebu City. Maybe more babies are born in the province and move to the city when they are 1/- voting age?The foreigners on the other hand are a completly neglectbale quantity, they make up less than 1% of the population. Tourists don't count!So the numbers could be a bit wrong, but they are not totally off mark.

tropicalwaste
Posted
Posted

The population count isnt accurate and the government is aware of that fact which is why with getting children Christened they are forcing people to bring the documents because of the amount of people that dont register births no my other question would be is all deaths registered correctly? I know the silent voters for elections can be found in the graveyards so realistically who knows..lol add the fact of illegal housing and the way people move around so much but its a common problem the UK hasnt got a clue of how many illegals are in the UK it was estimated at a million previously but that was over 10 years ago and long before we got the floods of people entering via France illegally.Then like you say Mr Lee like the foreigners many are on tourist visas etc. so in theory they dont live here.