ACR-I card waiver for overseas travel

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted

I have just received my 13A permanent visa. However my ACR-I card has not been issued yet.

The issue I have is that my airline ticket validity to the UK for my wife and I, which was extended by the airline due to COVID, expires in about three weeks. If we don’t use it by then, we shall lose it! I asked the immigration officer what could be done if I haven’t received the ACR card by then and she advised me that I would have to travel to the BOI office in Manila to obtain a waiver.  I/we would have to travel to Manila from Mindanao to obtain this waiver.

My question is, has anyone had to obtain this waiver at Intramuros BOI? If so, is it something that can be obtained within a single visit? It would be helpful if we could obtain this waiver whilst on our way out of the country, rather than make a special, and expensive, trip just to obtain it.

Any advice or personal experience would be gratefully appreciated.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

I would contact BI on their FB page and ask if you can get it same day.  I suspect you can.  They usually answer FB questions quickly.

https://www.facebook.com/immigration.helpline.ph

• Thanks 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Didnt another member have the same issue not very long ago somewhere on the forum?

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Didnt another member have the same issue not very long ago somewhere on the forum?

Yeah but its like 3 pages of reading and the bottom line is he got his ACR card before he had to travel BUT he did mention that the applicant could check on where the ACR card is in the system by bringing in the receipt to any BI

• Like 1

Huggybearman
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Yes, there was. But it didn’t really answer my particular question. In then end I think he got his ACR card before he travelled.

• Like 1

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
7 minutes ago, Huggybearman said:

Yes, there was. But it didn’t really answer my particular question. In then end I think he got his ACR card before he travelled.

Yes, you just got the 13a so your ACR card has not been missing for a long time like Dave's was.  Best to be prepared for the waiver.

• Thanks 1

HappyJack
Posted
Posted
On 5/4/2022 at 8:34 PM, Huggybearman said:

I have just received my 13A permanent visa. However my ACR-I card has not been issued yet.

I thought the 13A WAS the ACR card.  Is there a separate 13A visa plus the ACR card?