Telephone signal boosters

Onemore52
Posted
Posted (edited)

Do telephone signal boosters work, or a waste of money?

I am with globe and have to walk for 5 minutes to get a signal.

These 2 verification code things really suck.

Edited by Onemore52

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

If you mean wi-fi boosters then the short answer is yes but you get what you pay for.  

• Like 1

intrepid
Posted
Posted
On 6/10/2022 at 8:57 PM, Onemore52 said:

I bought a phone booster from Lazada because our Globe signal was very weak and always dropping.  The better ones are two piece units.  A small outdoor antenna and a small indoor antenna that needs an ac power supply.  Cost was about P1700,....  https://www.lazada.com.ph/products/codhot-salegsm-lte-1800-lcd-70db-2g-3g-4g-cell-phone-signal-repeater-dcs-1800-mobile-amplifier-gsm-signal-booster-panel-antenna-for-smart-globe-telecom-i3049246987-s15028799597.html?search=1&spm=a2o4l.searchlist.list.i40.16d2217atEruLn

My case was we had signal on the second floor but nothing on the first.  We had mixed results with the one I installed.

A couple things to be aware of.  1st you have to receive a signal to be boosted.  2nd you need a clear line of sight from the tower to your receiver antenna for best performance.  3rd you need to mount the transmitter antenna high as possible inside your home.  4th this is only for cell phone signal.  It has nothing to do with wi-fi or data.

• Like 3

earthdome
Posted
Posted

I am in the US and the closest cell tower to my home for my mobile provider went out of service for an extended time resulting in no mobile phone service at our house. I contacted them and they sent me a mini cell phone 'tower' with a 50 foot signal radius which I could plug into our internet router. All I had to do was pay a $25 refundable deposit and plug it in to my router. It routes our phones phone/text/data connection through our internet connection.

• Like 1