How Soon Can I Renew My Extension

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

My visa extension is due 16th of Sep, we're moving about 2-3 hours away from the nearest BI office well before then.  How early can I extend.  

The silly thing is I was actually at BI this morning and forgot to ask.... :571c66d400c8c_1(103):

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

I dont think there is a time frame. But if its due on the 16th you can defiantly do so. 

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

You can normally renew at any time, I've renewed over a month before expiration and when the border opened in March people have renewed a few days after entry.

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
36 minutes ago, jimdones said:

You can normally renew at any time, I've renewed over a month before expiration and when the border opened in March people have renewed a few days after entry.

Nice.  It'll be the last 6 month extension, hopefully I'll be on a 13a by the time it's done.  

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

Your experience will differ from mine.  Its a given.  Over the years I have had some offices renew well in advance and some have stuck precisely to the 7 day rule.  That really sucks when you have to make an extra trip due to the 7 day rule.  (I think the officials meant this to mean a MINIMUM of 7 days but some BI officials take it to be a MAXIMUM of 7 days)  Good luck!

You may file for your visa extension application seven (7) days before your Temporary Visitors’ visa expires.

https://immigration.gov.ph/faqs/extensionofstay

• Like 1

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

I went into BI Dumaguete and no issues extending just over 2 months in advance of expiration.  I didn't mention it, they didn't comment other than to say, "See you Monday between 1-3pm to pick it up.  

I stress this is at BI Dumaguete, YMMV in other locations.  

• Like 2