ECC-B / Travel Tax Questions. (Sorry lol.)

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

I know this has been discussed before just want to make sure that I don't end up with issues.

I am on a valid 13a permanent now so.

I will secure my ECC-B at the airport prior to departure.  I read it's valid for one year.  What happens if I don't end up going back before then as at this point it's uncertain?   Do I need to bring pictures to the airport? What about the application form?  Current cost 2800PHP (And I will have to pay the 1620 PHP travel tax also right?) 

It also states that this document is to allow re-rentry, etc. but still confused as to the purpose of it or if it's expired that they won't allow reentry if it's expired after the 1 year even if you have a a valid 13a.

I have read that this is the most efficient way to do it and I want to make sure since I will also be bringing my wife to Canada and don't want "extra" issues.

Thanks!

Edited by Shol

skippyscage
Posted
Posted

ok here goes, as I have done this twice in the last 3 months...

I did my clearance and payment at my local BI office, as I didn't want to get stuck with bureaucracy at the airport and also a possible queue.
The first time they took the flight confirmation, passport and ACR-I card - clearance was done in 20 minutes including payment.
The 2nd time they only wanted the passport and ACR-I card, so who knows what they ever really want, but I never had to produce more photos either time like the website states.

The ECC-B clearance is valid one year, and is valid for one exit and entry only - after one year if not used it will have expired and you'll need to get another, so you should only get it if you intend to fly away.

Now if you are asking if it's valid for one year AFTER you leave, I have no idea, but I would assume that means you're not really a permanent resident if you go out of country more than one year? You'll have to ask BI about that one, that's way out of my knowledge, but maybe I misunderstood the question?

For 13a visa, you only pay the extra outbound travel tax of 1620php (like Filipinos do) if you've been in the country for more than one year - each time you travel away the timer resets and you get another year until that tax is due.

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, skippyscage said:

Now if you are asking if it's valid for one year AFTER you leave, I have no idea, but I would assume that means you're not really a permanent resident if you go out of country more than one year? You'll have to ask BI about that one, that's way out of my knowledge, but maybe I misunderstood the 

I can understand why you'd think that but it's not necessarily the case, or wasn't when I asked BI 3+ years ago. 

They said there was no specific time frame detailed for returning and as long as you did the Annual Report as soon as you returned and paid the necessary fine you'd be OK..

I'd imagine it's down to discretion and you'd probably have a problem returning after more than a year or two away but seems there's nothing in black and white on this.

Gas
Posted
Posted

Do your ECC at the airport. There is never a queue and takes only a couple of minutes.
There is no application form and all you need is your passport, card and the fee.

Also there is no document saying anything is valid for a year. You get a printed receipt with the fees.  

Shol
Posted
Posted

Thanks really appreciate all the thoughts.  I completely get that it's not all written in stone and will probably just do it at the airport as historically when I did this previously there were all kinds of extra things they required at the offices.

Thanks again!

gabgab
Posted
Posted (edited)

Just a reminder again, according to the regulations you can do it at the airport only if you have been in the country for less than a year (i.e. between 6 months to 1 year).

Edited by jimdones
  • Like 1

Shol
Posted
Posted (edited)

I think thats for the tourist version ecc-a but correct me if I am wrong?

Edited by Shol

Ram1957
Posted
Posted
30 minutes ago, Shol said:

I think thats for the tourist version ecc-a but correct menif i am wrong?

Shol, you are correct.

• Like 2