Thanks Globe

Freebie
Posted
Posted

The lovely people from Globe called me yesterday and told me that my monthly subscription would REDUCE ( yes shock horror, a reduction in these inflationary times !  ) by P 600 a month.

I suspect its because Im approaching the 5 year anniversary of signing up with them for home wifi but its a 33% reduction. Not to be sneezed at.

The only issue is the sweet call centre girl telling me all this was reading from a script and was confused when I told her I was enjoying lunch with friends and could she speed up what she was saying so I could conclude the call pronto.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
19 minutes ago, Freebie said:

The lovely people from Globe called me yesterday and told me that my monthly subscription would REDUCE ( yes shock horror, a reduction in these inflationary times !  ) by P 600 a month.

I suspect its because Im approaching the 5 year anniversary of signing up with them for home wifi but its a 33% reduction. Not to be sneezed at.

The only issue is the sweet call centre girl telling me all this was reading from a script and was confused when I told her I was enjoying lunch with friends and could she speed up what she was saying so I could conclude the call pronto.

Finally the telecom industry here is reacting to competition, real or perceived.  We were on the 2199php 200mbps plan.  Suddenly, we were upgraded automatically to 350mbps for the same monthly fee without having to ask.  That said, nobody from Globe told us about this so they are missing a trick. 

Incidentally, we received a call on Sunday asking us to upgrade to their 2499php 500mbps plan - it was taking my wife 5+ minutes to say No - I took the call over in frustration and ended it within 30 seconds so i can empathise with someone wanting to get back to their lunch!

• Like 2

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Were were in Globe yesterday to disconnect our fibre connection due to moving and them not servicing where we're moving to.  I noticed posters stating they'd had a price drop across the board.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, BrettGC said:

Were were in Globe yesterday to disconnect our fibre connection due to moving and them not servicing where we're moving to.  I noticed posters stating they'd had a price drop across the board.  

The problem is you cannot take advantage of the price drop by changing to a cheaper plan as you'll be hit with early cancelation fees IF it's within the tie-up period

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, hk blues said:

The problem is you cannot take advantage of the price drop by changing to a cheaper plan as you'll be hit with early cancelation fees IF it's within the tie-up period

Odd practice and fairly unique to PI I reckon.  I'm used to being able to swap plans within the contract period with no penalty.  

It's more fun...

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Had friends who were with PLDT in Nuvali Cavite. 

They had to go with PLDT when they moved into their house as there was no Globe service then. Globe started installing in their area and  had a much better offer so they asked PLDT what the penalty for ending the contract would be.  " Just P15000 Sir " !!!!