Part 2 The Return

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

I sometimes wonder why anyone would go on a short overseas holiday that requires air travel.  It takes one whole day to get to your destination.  There is so much down time with airlines requiring earlier and earlier check-in (their convenience).  As retirees, we consider 30 days as the minimum stay.  Planning for the Philippines, the allocation is five months.  From Los Angeles, the shortest flight time is about 14 hours on Philippines Airlines.  Asiana Airlines through Korea is about 20 hours.  You can also fly through the Middle East on Qatar and Turkish that will take 36 hours.  The prices are cheap, but no thanks.

• Like 3

Jake
Posted
Posted

Wow, that's an ordeal from hell Colsie!  You finally arrive at your destination, only to ride shoulder to shoulder in a sweaty passenger van, steaming with great anxiety about your personal items would ever be return to you.  Yeah, I would be getting drunk on cheap Tanduay before I go insane.  I would rather be passed out on that final leg home.  Best of luck Colsie.  I feel your pain.  

• Like 3

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I sometimes wonder why anyone would go on a short overseas holiday that requires air travel.  It takes one whole day to get to your destination.  There is so much down time with airlines requiring earlier and earlier check-in (their convenience).  As retirees, we consider 30 days as the minimum stay.  Planning for the Philippines, the allocation is five months.  From Los Angeles, the shortest flight time is about 14 hours on Philippines Airlines.  Asiana Airlines through Korea is about 20 hours.  You can also fly through the Middle East on Qatar and Turkish that will take 36 hours.  The prices are cheap, but no thanks.

The luxury of time and money open up many opportunities that not everyone can enjoy.

• Like 3

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
20 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I guess none of us like to be away from our loved one for so long. 

We haven't been apart a single day in the last 7 years but this short trip was needed to sort out my bank and restart the tourist extentions. I also took the opportunity to visit my son (hadn't seen him for 11yrs) in Australia for a few days and meet my grand kids for the first time. 

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 3

Colsie
Posted
Posted (edited)
18 hours ago, Jake said:

Wow, that's an ordeal from hell Colsie!  You finally arrive at your destination, only to ride shoulder to shoulder in a sweaty passenger van, steaming with great anxiety about your personal items would ever be return to you.  Yeah, I would be getting drunk on cheap Tanduay before I go insane.  I would rather be passed out on that final leg home.  Best of luck Colsie.  I feel your pain.  

I can't find the contact for Scoot airlines that I reported the missing baggage to in terminal 1 carousel...they haven't tried to contact me... so my anguish continues... 

I think of the things I could/should have done, but blury eyed at 5:30am and needing to change terminals ASAP to catch my flight home I didn't. 

Edited by Colsie
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1