Forwarding Companies Alternatives to MYUS.COM

KenM
Posted
Posted

From my search it seems it’s been years since this was discussed. I am looking for an alternative to MYUS.com for forwarding packages. I hate them. They make mistakes all the time, are lazy in the way they label items which causes scrutiny and delays with customs, the systems is hard to navigate, they nickel and dime you on everything, are expensive for shipping with no lower cost options for slower shipping, and the customer service representatives are not only rude but actually hostile. USGlobal mail is fine for mail scanning but shipping is expensive. I’ve seen articles on alternatives but there is no way to trust those. https://www.moneymax.ph/personal-finance/articles/international-shipping-companies I’m hoping members are in the know. Some reviews of the competition are quite bad as well. Concerns about theft at PlanetExpress. I had a number of items stolen by LBCExpress myself when I was the shipper and recipient so this is a real concern. 

Possum
Posted
Posted

I use USAbox for mail forwarding, they've been very dependable. They'll hold as well as scan items. They use DHL for shipping. Not cheap but very dependable. I never declare anything over $5.00 on the shipping form and never have had any problems.

There are no really good inexpensive choices that I have found thus far except balikbayan box. Shipping Cart used to be good but I had a very bad experience with them 2 years ago and won't use them again.

When I had a child living in the USA she'd have a balikbayan box open in the garage where she put things I asked her to buy. Once it got full she'd call the agent and he'd come pick it up. Ocean shipping costs about $100 but you can pack a LOT of things in a balikbayan box. Everything arrived as packed and in good condition.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted (edited)

This should be moved to the Shipping Goods forum. (Moderator edit:  Good idea.  Done)

I have a topic there on Shipping Cart.  I have one more shipment on the way and after it arrives I will summarize the experience.

They lost one Amazon shipment in their warehouse and are in the process of refunding my Amazon cost.  It was only worth $35 and really not the type of stuff someone would steal.  I suspect it is sitting on a shelf someplace.

Despite this problem, if I need this type of service again, I would use them again, unless I find a similar cost effective option.

Edited by Dave Hounddriver