The water level in Laguna De Bay is rising

expatuk2014
Posted
Posted

The water level has risen by approx 2 feet all the grounded fishing boats are now floating

And all of the growth is now under water !l

And the waves are getting higher ! Keep your eyes open guys and gals if you live around the Bay !

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

High tide?

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Old55 said:

High tide?

Laguna de Bay also known as Laguna Lake, is the largest lake in the Philippines. (From Wiki)  So unlikely to be tides.  Probably something to do with flood control in Manila (my guess).

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
15 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Laguna de Bay also known as Laguna Lake, is the largest lake in the Philippines. (From Wiki)  So unlikely to be tides.  Probably something to do with flood control in Manila (my guess).

My lame attempt at humor. 

DCD52196-45B7-413D-95B2-667254C2322D.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

flood control in Manila (my guess).

Wouldn't that be an oxymoron? :tongue:

• Haha 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Laguna de Bay is mentioned in Japanese history books.  Twin males are considered evil omens and when a pair was born in the imperial family, one child was exiled to Luzon to an area matching the description of Laguna de Bay.  Of course, the child came with retainers, servants, artisans, farmers, and samurai guards.  There is a Catholic church lakeside which features the chrysanthemum symbol of the imperial family in its decor.  Some archeologists suspect the area is the location of the Japanese settlement.  Others claim the Japanese artisans hired simply correlated the symbol as a house of God and the godlike status of the imperial family.

Prior to WWII, the Davao area farmlands were cultivated by immigrant farmers from Japan.  Similar to the Chinese migration, there were Japanese colonies in California, Brazil and Peru.  All the Japanese in the Philippines were repatriated to Japan at the end of WWII by the US army.