Questions about SRRV

Ron H
Posted
Posted

I am new here, but I am a permanent resident of the Philippines from the States.  I currently have a 13A visa, but I would rather have a SRRV.  Is that possible to get at this stage ?  Thank you. 

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
59 minutes ago, Ron H said:

I am new here, but I am a permanent resident of the Philippines from the States.  I currently have a 13A visa, but I would rather have a SRRV.  Is that possible to get at this stage ?  Thank you. 

Not sure why you want to change but cant see any reason they wont take your money. Best to ask them.

https://pra.gov.ph/srrv/

https://www.facebook.com/PhilippineRetirementVisa/

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Welcome to the forum Ron.

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Ron.  Yes, entirely possible.  How long have you lived in the Philippines?  You do have to tie up funds in one of several banks approved by the SRRV folks so you might want to hold off if you have only lived here a short time.  Not uncommon for expats who move here to decide  that Philippine life is not something they enjoy and they move on to other countries or back to their home country.  If you happen to be married to a Filipina you could avail of a 13A visa which is a permanent resident visa.

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Ron H said:

I currently have a 13A visa, but I would rather have a SRRV. 

27 minutes ago, Mike J said:

If you happen to be married to a Filipina you could avail of a 13A visa which is a permanent resident visa.

I have a sneaking feeling its not gonna be permanent for our new friend.  As others have found, it is only permanent at the whim of the wife.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I have a sneaking feeling its not gonna be permanent for our new friend.  As others have found, it is only permanent at the whim of the wife.

I see that now.  I wonder if it my eyes or my brain that is starting to fail, hell maybe both?   :tongue:

• Haha 3