Rats

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

I seem to recall that a member posted a photo of some rat poison that works. I did a search but couldn’t find the photo, or had I too much Christmas cheer?

Regardless looks as though they are looking for somewhere dry after all the rain we have had, I guess our ceiling is better than down the river.

• Forum Support
Tommy T.
Posted
Posted (edited)

Unlike what someone posted a short while ago, I have had good results using the blue coloured and commonly available "Racumin" bait. It takes a few days and some refills of the container (I use tuna cans), but I have found four dead rats over the course of a month. Our only concern was that the dog might eat the dead critters, but he shows no interest in them, fortunately. Also, fortunately, they seem to wander out from the house to expire, so we have not had messy, smelly carcasses inside...

I had a water rat several years ago that boarded my yacht. He took up residence and I could hear him rustle around at night. So I bought one of those sticky-board things and placed something in the middle of it - peanut butter works well. That night I heard thrashing around and knew that the intruder was caught. I did feel bad because I don't enjoy killing anything, but at least I got him off the yacht... I prefer the poisoning rather than the sticky board. I also used regular rat traps many years ago while living in a small country cottage. At least the killing was instantaneous so maybe a bit more humane?

Edited by Tommy T.
  • Like 2

Gas
Posted
Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, Onemore52 said:

I seem to recall that a member posted a photo of some rat poison that works. I did a search but couldn’t find the photo, or had I too much Christmas cheer?

Regardless looks as though they are looking for somewhere dry after all the rain we have had, I guess our ceiling is better than down the river.

It was probably me, as I did say the blue colored poison didn’t seem to work very well. 
You can buy this at any agriculture store. Keep it away from any pets as it’s much more potent than the blue stuff! 

8C875FB9-BBD5-473E-BAF5-964CE2AC9481.jpeg

Edited by Gas
  • Like 1

Onemore52
Posted
Posted

Thanks gas, I thought there for a while I was losing it.

• Like 1