Stuck in the elevator !

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

A few years back my partner came home and  told me about an old woman who was in the  elevator of our building and the fact the old woman could not find her way or how to get to the correct floor. I think it was ground to exit the building.

Anyway she helped out and got her to where she needed to go and apparently this lady had been going up and down for some time.

Moving forward a few years and last night I'm on the 22nd floor and waiting to go down,  the door opens and an older Filipino guy was there but confused whether to get out or what to do do.

He stayed and said something and I said we are going down now so where do you need to go?  Long story short he needed to get off on the 3rd floor but missed it as it was too late so now we are on the ground floor so I pressed the 3 button and said it will open when you are there.

He thanked me and I hope he got out at the right floor and should as no one else using the elevator but it just shows that not all are familiar with how things work even if the system has been around for years. 

So my point of this post is best to shoot me when I get to that age which is not far off. 

• Haha 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

So my point of this post is best to shoot me when I get to that age which is not far off. 

Love to help out but it is illegal for expats to own/possess guns and I don't want to get in trouble. :whistling:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

fototek1
Posted
Posted

I gave my wife permission to hold the pillow on my head or push me off the boat and drive away when I get that bad.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Last year I was sitting in my unit watching TV one night, when I heard a key trying my unit. Very strange as the only person that has a key is my gf and she was in Leyte. Looked through peephole and then opened door and theres an old fellow who I know lives in my building. HE insisted that the unit Im in was his and couldnt understand why his key didnt work.

I suggested we go down to reception and I explained the situation. The concierge didnt think before speaking and asked the old fellow what unit his was. 

I said "Sir if he knew he wouldnt have tried to get into my unit diba.".. "ah yes sir, you are right."

Eventually by watching cctv the old fellows unit was identified and his wife was summoned to collect him. Sad sad sad to be in that state.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Viking
Posted
Posted
4 minutes ago, Freebie said:

Last year I was sitting in my unit watching TV one night, when I heard a key trying my unit. Very strange as the only person that has a key is my gf and she was in Leyte. Looked through peephole and then opened door and theres an old fellow who I know lives in my building. HE insisted that the unit Im in was his and couldnt understand why his key didnt work.

I suggested we go down to reception and I explained the situation. The concierge didnt think before speaking and asked the old fellow what unit his was. 

I said "Sir if he knew he wouldnt have tried to get into my unit diba.".. "ah yes sir, you are right."

Eventually by watching cctv the old fellows unit was identified and his wife was summoned to collect him. Sad sad sad to be in that state.

I have done that a couple of times 🤣

We didn't have an elevator in the house and we lived on third floor.  Several times I tried my key to the apartment right under mine, but on second floor. To my defense, I never argued with the owner that it was my appartement!

I have also tried my keys in the wrong car, although same model and color, hahaha. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

An elevator on a cruise ship started malfunctioning.  It would go on a random basis to different floors without the doors opening and closing.  Two elderly ladies with us went from confusion to total panic.  They started screaming at me for pressing the alarm thinking this would make things worse.  Finally, engineering got the problem resolved.  They also called for an emergency medical team to take the ladies to the medical clinic on Deck 4.  The two elderly ladies again started screaming because the emergency medical team used another elevator.

• Haha 1