Looking for a place where expats hang out in Iloilo

Avalon
Posted
Posted

My expat friend and his wife are going to Iloilo City in February and asked if I knew a good bar or restaurant that expats frequent for a drink.

I've no idea - anyone familiar with the location?

Thanks

hk blues
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, Avalon said:

My expat friend and his wife are going to Iloilo City in February and asked if I knew a good bar or restaurant that expats frequent for a drink.

I've no idea - anyone familiar with the location?

Thanks

Iloilo doesn't have a large amount of expats and as such there are no real hangout spots where expats congregate.  Probably somewhere like Mo2 in Smallville would be the best bet but foreigners are still very much in the minority there. 

Avalon
Posted
Posted

Thanks - looks like an interesting place - will pass the info along

hk blues
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, Avalon said:

Thanks - looks like an interesting place - will pass the info along

It was our regular haunt when we first came here but we haven't been for a while.  

Other nightspots to pass on would be The Boardwalk Esplanade; Smallville; Times Square and Festive Walk. They are not really bar-hopping areas, more restaurants with open-air live bands playing.  

RBM
Posted
Posted

Haven't been there for a bit, last time I did notice a group of expats  around a table at the main entrance to the Esplanade. Not sure its regular or just a large group but certainly its a lovely area, Iloilo is a very western clean city, love it there. 

• Like 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, RBM said:

Haven't been there for a bit, last time I did notice a group of expats  around a table at the main entrance to the Esplanade. Not sure its regular or just a large group but certainly its a lovely area, Iloilo is a very western clean city, love it there. 

I haven't been there for a while but the ex-pats groups had 2 meeting places that I'm aware of - Tib's Rock and one of the resto-bars behind SM City.  They were ex-pat meeting places though, not actual places where foreigners and their partners went at night for a beer or two. 

Avalon
Posted
Posted

Thanks guys - will let you know how he goes.

• Thanks 1