Inbound Q & A:

Jeffery
Posted
Posted

I'm leaving for the Philippines in 3 days.   I was a last minute decision so I feel slightly ill prepared.   I have traveled extensively in Mexico and the Caribbean but this will be my first time in the South Pacific.   From everything I seen having watched at least a hundred hours of Youtube referencing dozens of topics, I think I have a reasonably good idea about things but would like some expat feedback.   As a general rule, I don't like medications or vaccinations, however I know that somethings come will lower known risks.  My question for expats is this:

In general, do the majority of Expats get vaccinated for Typhoid, Hepatitis ABC, etc.?  

Thanks

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
13 minutes ago, Jeffery said:

In general, do the majority of Expats get vaccinated for Typhoid, Hepatitis ABC, etc.?

I never was to come here and dont think it's necessary. Hope you know you need Covid vaccination to allow entry. 

• Like 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
45 minutes ago, Jeffery said:

first time in the South Pacific

Welcome to the forum.  Just a quick note before you get to the Philippines.  The "South Pacific" is southern part of the Pacific Ocean, from the equator to the Antarctic Ocean.  Philippines is still well into the Northern Hemisphere.

Now about those vaccinations, I got them but the health nurse said it was a good thing I took them well in advance of my trip as some of them take weeks or months to become effective.  So at this stage . . may as well forget about it.

• Like 3

Jeffery
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I never was to come here and dont think it's necessary. Hope you know you need Covid vaccination to allow entry. 

=

5 hours ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

Welcome to the forum.  Just a quick note before you get to the Philippines.  The "South Pacific" is southern part of the Pacific Ocean, from the equator to the Antarctic Ocean.  Philippines is still well into the Northern Hemisphere.

Now about those vaccinations, I got them but the health nurse said it was a good thing I took them well in advance of my trip as some of them take weeks or months to become effective.  So at this stage . . may as well forget about it.

Thanks for the information and education

Nickleback99
Posted
Posted
Unvaccinated and partially vaccinated travelers need to present a laboratory-administered negative ART test result taken within 24 hours from departure from the country of origin. They also have the option to undergo a laboratory-based antigen test upon arrival at the airport.

Freebie
Posted
Posted

Tetanus is probably a good one to get, but its 3 doses over 6 months... but as with any 3rd world place where sanitation can be an issue, cut and wounds can be a problem hence the tetanus shots....but I only got mine last years after years odd heres of being here sometimes permanently and sometimes not so you are problably ok ! I also had one of the Hep shots cant recall which.

• Like 2