Football (Soccer) Fan Club

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

A nephew mentioned during conversation that he is a member of the Arsenal Football Philippine Club located in Metro Manila.  In fact, he the current club president.  Among his tasks is negotiating for a sports bar venue willing to remain open late due to the time difference.  Bars like fan clubs because of the drinking and they offer incentives like complimentary snacks.  A contact in England mails him feature newspaper stories about Arsenal which are available at the sports bar.  What surprised me is the number of members, nearly 200.  Because the local club is recognized by Arsenal, they can directly purchase club merchandise at a small discount.  With a winning season, a small group of Philippine fans are planning to fly to the UK for the finals.  They are guaranteed a small number of tickets and the Philippine delegation will be recognized at some pre-game party.

About American football, does anyone know about sport bars in the Makati or BGC area which will broadcast the NFL Super Bowl?

• Like 1

Gas
Posted
Posted
17 minutes ago, JJReyes said:

With a winning season, a small group of Philippine fans are planning to fly to the UK for the finals. 

Winning season in January 😂

Finals? 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
28 minutes ago, Gas said:

Finals? 

In Fact This years' FA Cup final is late due to the Coronation of King Charles 3rd, it will be on June 3rd. Tongue in cheek maybe but I would have thought any Fan club President would have known That

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
33 minutes ago, Gas said:

Finals? 

Not a soccer (football) fan.  I am not familiar with terms like, "pitch."  Also, can't they achieve higher scores?  Just eliminate the goal keeper.  

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 minutes ago, Jack Peterson said:

In Fact This years' FA Cup final is late due to the Coronation of King Charles 3rd, it will be on June 3rd. Tongue in cheek maybe but I would have thought any Fan club President would have known That

Learned something new.  Must have gotten some information mixed up.  I know his group is going to Australia for the women's football championship.  They avoided the World Cup because it was expected to be chaotic.

• I'm Confused 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, JJReyes said:

About American football, does anyone know about sport bars in the Makati or BGC area which will broadcast the NFL Super Bowl?

I did a bit of research because I have friends arriving from the USA next week and wondered if we could watch the superbowl.   Turns out the "TapGo TV" streams Fox NFL games.  They also show European football, what the US calls soccer.  I was surprised at the low cost 40 channels, plus sports, at 179 peso per month.  And you can cancel anytime.  I have been watching the recorded season games and it works well.  What I do not know at this time is if the superbowl will be pay per view.

Worth checking out in my opinion.   https://welcome.tapgo.tv/

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Mike J said:

I did a bit of research because I have friends arriving from the USA next week and wondered if we could watch the superbowl.   Turns out the "TapGo TV" streams Fox NFL games.  They also show European football, what the US calls soccer.  I was surprised at the low cost 40 channels, plus sports, at 179 peso per month.  And you can cancel anytime.  I have been watching the recorded season games and it works well.  What I do not know at this time is if the superbowl will be pay per view.

Thanks, Mike, for the information.  I did get an invite to join a group at someone's home.  Most of them don't really watch American football.  It's an excuse to party.  A few of us will watch the entire game.  Others will end up playing mahjong.  

hk blues
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

I have Cignal and they have NFL on Premier Football channel.  I have the full package so can watch it (though I don't) but this will depend on subscribed package.  I doubt they will offer PPV as this will pee off regular subscribers.  

• Like 1