Staying in the Philippines for 1 year

stevewool
Posted
Posted

Does the balikbayan stamp still exist, I think I’ve spelt that right , the last time we went to the Philippines I got my passport stamped at the airport which gave me a 1 year stay , so just wondering is that still happening .

Joey G
Posted
Posted

short answer... Yes

• Like 1

baronapart
Posted
Posted

Yes...

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Long answer

Yes if your good looking :popcorn:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

stevewool
Posted
Posted
22 minutes ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Long answer

Yes if your good looking :popcorn:

I’m onto a winner then 

DA4FFDA1-11EA-4DEF-A38B-B4778C4F8089.jpeg

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
21 minutes ago, stevewool said:

I’m onto a winner then 

DA4FFDA1-11EA-4DEF-A38B-B4778C4F8089.jpeg

Looks like you will be refused entry and sent to the Russian army. 

• Haha 2

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, stevewool said:

Does the balikbayan stamp still exist, I think I’ve spelt that right , the last time we went to the Philippines I got my passport stamped at the airport which gave me a 1 year stay , so just wondering is that still happening .

My wife and I entered the Philippines last November on Balikbayan status.  To qualify, she had to be with me on the same flight.  Immigrations would have given her a standard foreign visitor "free" visa if arriving by herself.  

• Like 2

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, JJReyes said:

My wife and I entered the Philippines last November on Balikbayan status.  To qualify, she had to be with me on the same flight.  Immigrations would have given her a standard foreign visitor "free" visa if arriving by herself.  

I thought everyone knew that to get a Balikbayan stamp both had to be there together on entry. Been the same forever. And with a marriage certificate as proof. 

• Like 3

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

I thought everyone knew that to get a Balikbayan stamp both had to be there together on entry. Been the same forever. And with a marriage certificate as proof. 

Rules are tighter today.  Earlier during the start of the program, my wife went to Hong Kong with friends.  Upon her return, seeing previous Balikbayan stamps in her passport, they gave her another one.  I would automatically get Balikbayan status once the Immigration officer looks at Philippines as my country of birth.  Now, we were informed to bring an old Philippine passport or birth certificate, which I did.  As to marriage certificate, that's 51 years ago.  How do I know how to find it.  But they have never asked for one.