Three-year vehicle registration proposed

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

I sure hope this passes. :thumbsup:

https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/492543/three-year-vehicle-registration-proposed

A lawmaker wants to make life a little easier for motorists all over the country by extending the validity of registration certificates to three years for all types of motor vehicles.

Quirino Rep. Midy Cua filed House Bill (HB) No. 7404, or the proposed Three-Year Vehicle Registration Act, to amend Republic Act No. 4136, or the Land Transportation and Traffic Code, that prescribes a three-year validity period for newly bought vehicles, followed by annual renewals.

Cua proposes that renewals be limited to once every three years to make it more convenient for people who are paying the salaries of all government employees.

“While the whole process typically only takes a few hours, most vehicle owners must take a leave of absence from work to process their application,” said Cua.

Read more: https://cebudailynews.inquirer.net/?p=492543#ixzz7vPrUleol
Follow us: @inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

• Like 4

BrettGC
Posted
Posted

Or they could just pay online and have mobile inspectors pull over random vehicles for inspection.  Works a treat in some states that I know of in Australia.  

• Like 2

jimeve
Posted
Posted

Just done my smoke test today, they found a small oil leak from the head gasket.  They still passed it .

• Hmm thinking 1

BLM
Posted
Posted

When I got my motorcycle license here in 2015, I just had to point to a motorcycle parked on the street.  

• Haha 4

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

If Boracay is anything to go by I doubt it will ever get up and running. I've been waiting over 5 months for a smoke test that I paid for, someone in their infinite wisdom closed the only test station down on Boracay which meant you had to take your motorcycle to the mainland. Then someone had an even better idea of closing that also.

The LGU here arranged for a company to enter the island about once per month to do vehicles and you put your name forward for a slot.  I'm no rocket scientist but 50 tests per month for a few thousand vehicles isn't going to cut it, to make matters worse the company that was meant to come has done a runner and currently 960 people have vehicles that will be declared unroadworthy as the 31st of March. The LTO have told me I have to go to Kalibo which will take a good 6hrs round journey not including waiting on a test which they can't even book me in for. 

I kicked up a stink with the Malay LGU Transport Office who sent me the attached memo which basically says no more mobile smoke tests so the whole of Malay is up the creek but there will be no dispensation from getting tested after the 31st of this month. Only in the Philippines. The best part is even if registered you still need a permit from the Mayor annually, honest it's not a money earner.

smoke.jpg

• Sad 3