Short arms, Military Meaning

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Every time I see the topic "short arms" I cannot help but think of the old military command "short arm inspection".  Those of you who have served and are 70+ years of age may know WTH I am talking about. :whistling:

• Haha 4

Possum
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Mike J said:

Every time I see the topic "short arms" I cannot help but think of the old military command "short arm inspection".  Those of you who have served and are 70+ years of age may know WTH I am talking about. :whistling:

When I saw the topic I thought the exact same thing and thought, this should be interesting.

• Haha 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, Mike J said:

10 hours ago, Greglm said:

When I saw the topic I thought the exact same thing and thought, this should be interesting.

Former US Marine here.  Those of us who could, presented "long arms" as opposed to those who were armed only with "short arms".  We were trained that Air Force guys were never issued, at birth, "long arms".  Maybe you gents, or a moderator, might send our sub-topic over to the Military and Veterans section.  Don't wish to offend those in a family forum.  I'd try it myself, but as a new guy here, "FNG" as we used to say, I'm a buck private who goes where he's told . . .

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted
12 hours ago, mountainside said:

Maybe you gents, or a moderator, might send our sub-topic over to the Military and Veterans section.

Done, but any of us non-vet old-timers who have watched lots of old action movies have a good idea what you mean.

• Like 2

Joey G
Posted
Posted
On 3/24/2023 at 11:28 PM, mountainside said:

Former US Marine here.

Platoon 3010, 1976 here.... PREEESEENT ARMS!  lol

mountainside
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Joey G said:

Platoon 3010, 1976 here.... PREEESEENT ARMS!  lol