American Loses $2,000 To ?

Mr Lee
Posted
Posted

So I wonder who else would have known he had $2000? SugarwareZ-007.gif So who leaves $2000 in a room in an unlocked case? I sure hope we read more about this since $2000 is probably a small fortune to many people in the Philippines. MANILA, Philippines - An American tourist lost $2,000 (approximately P92,000) when his hotel room was allegedly burglarized while he was away last night in Ermita, Manila.Police said Bruce Koehler, 42, left his room at the Iseya Hotel on M.H. del Pilar street to meet some American friends at the nearby Duck-Inn Hotel and Restaurant. He left while his fianc

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
So I wonder who else would have known he had $2000? SugarwareZ-007.gif So who leaves $2000 in a room in an unlocked case? I sure hope we read more about this since $2000 is probably a small fortune to many people in the Philippines. MANILA, Philippines - An American tourist lost $2,000 (approximately P92,000) when his hotel room was allegedly burglarized while he was away last night in Ermita, Manila.Police said Bruce Koehler, 42, left his room at the Iseya Hotel on M.H. del Pilar street to meet some American friends at the nearby Duck-Inn Hotel and Restaurant. He left while his fianc

Mik
Posted
Posted

You know for sure there was one person in the room alone with the money, and she didn't have to break in. I assume she is now an ex-fiancee. Live and learn. In the future, he should use only $100 to test his next fiancee. .

TheMason
Posted
Posted
Maybe the fiancee will loose her title when she suddenly gets a new cell phone and a gold ring
Hopefully, he won't change her title to wife after this incident, but I have my doubts. There's a lot of stupid foreigners in Ermita just begging to get ripped off.

• 1 month later...
tom_shor
Posted
Posted
3_12_31[1].gif Yes I think the thief was probably hiding in the shower when he left. Good thing she didn't have a big enough purse to fit a laptop in.

softail
Posted
Posted

IMHO this confirms in a way what so many on these forums say about the mindset of so many Filipinos. They only live for today many times. More than likely the gal took the money and will be able to live it up for a few months, now if she had married the guy he would have supported her for a lifetime, makes no sense to me at all. Live it up for a few months vs security for the life of the marriage. SugarwareZ-037.gif