E travel pass now required for departure

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Immigration now requires registering online for arriving and departing passengers.

Register here, https://etravel.gov.ph/

epass.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2
  • Hmm thinking 1

Freebie
Posted
Posted

And  if you are an SRRV holder.. they also want an etravel document completed coming and going... shakes head and rolls eyes.......

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

Looks like we left at the right time.  No eTravel card, no registration of local SIM cards.  Bureaucrats have until Christmas to come up with something else before our return this Christmas.

Viking
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, JJReyes said:

Looks like we left at the right time.  No eTravel card, no registration of local SIM cards.  Bureaucrats have until Christmas to come up with something else before our return this Christmas.

Your lucky, we will leave on April 18. There is almost always problem at the start when they implement new rules. It will be "interesting" to see how this will work out. We also plan to return later this year 👍

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Freebie said:

And  if you are an SRRV holder.. they also want an etravel document completed coming and going... shakes head and rolls eyes.......

Also if you are Filipino so just part of traveling. Obviously, before covid you were given a card to fill out with a pen while on the plane which is harder to deal with than online. Plane shaking, small boxes to write in, can't find a pen, etc. It's just a modern version of the arrival card with the new addition of departure. 

• Like 1

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
4 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Also if you are Filipino so just part of traveling. Obviously, before covid you were given a card to fill out with a pen while on the plane which is harder to deal with than online. Plane shaking, small boxes to write in, can't find a pen, etc. It's just a modern version of the arrival card with the new addition of departure. 

Agree, nice to see progress in areas where computers/programs streamline processes and make them more efficient.  

Viking
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

This is great as long as you have an internet connection, load in your phone/tablet, charged battery or even have a mobile device!

I am supporting the implementation of new technology BUT I don't like when they at the same time remove the option to do it the "the old" manual way.

A pen and paper always work 👍

GeoffH
Posted
Posted
9 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Plane shaking, small boxes to write in, can't find a pen, etc. It's just a modern version of the arrival card with the new addition of departure. 

It is just the 'modern version of the arrival card' but honestly the old paper version was easier and quicker (yes I always have a pen and generally a spare pen, I can't imagine travelling without).

I just used to fill the arrival card out on the fold down table in the plane during a quiet time before landing.