Meet up/ hang outs

Tony123
Posted
Posted

Hi, I will be visiting phil from the uk this coming May, and stay for a few months. I know manila and some provinces quite well already but would like to meet like minded expats for social gatherings, eating/drinking, hang outs, clubbing and going to the various beautiful beaches over there. Looking for genuine friendly meet ups but not interested in any monkey business (no offence). PS. Not sure if this forum still active for social gathering? If not, would appreciate any advice :) thxs

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Welcome Tony.  You may get a response if you let the forum know where in the Philippines you plan on visiting.

• Like 1

Tony123
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike for your tip. Anyone who would like to join me to explore the nightlife (& indeed daylight also) of BGC, Poblacion/Makati (not P.Burgos nor any other chessy joints per se as I am not interested) at some of the top notch nightclubs (Club Royal, Black Market, Xylo, .... etc.) pls drop me a line. Also, my other interests are keeping fit, a strong swimmer, so visiting different beaches in Batangas, Zambales, Palawan (El nido, Coron Island), plus so many others, would definitely some of the things I will do. Welcome anyone who is interested to join me. But sure, other things like meeting up for mall shopping, eating out, drinking coffees, chit chats, that is what this thread is all about, social gatherings for like minded persons :} PS. I am a regular visitor of the Philippines.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Hi Tony. We have a few members in and around Manila who may speak up. Must members here are older married guys not so much into the clubs. 

Have you ever done any SCUBA diving? Lots of great dive spots in Philippines. 

Tony123
Posted
Posted

Thanks Mike for your tip. Anyone who would like to join me to explore the nightlife (& indeed daylight also) of BGC, Poblacion/Makati (not P.Burgos nor any other chessy joints per se as I am not interested) at some of the top notch nightclubs (Club Royal, Black Market, Xylo, .... etc.) pls drop me a line. Also, my other interests are keeping fit, a strong swimmer, so visiting different beaches in Batangas, Zambales, Palawan (El nido, Coron Island), plus so many others, would definitely some of the things I will do. Welcome anyone who is interested to join me. But sure, other things like meeting up for mall shopping, eating out, drinking coffees, chit chats, that is what this thread is all about, social gatherings for like minded persons :} PS. I am a regular visitor of the Philippines.

I have considered Scuba diving before but decided not to try. I prefer to swim without any baggage, a free style swimmer of sort, if you know what I mean. Yep, I know how much I have missed out, without giving Scuba a try.

P_X
Posted
Posted

I can't speak for the ppl here as I dunno em yet.

But I tend to avoid the expats to be frank. 

This stems from being burned a cpl times with loans and verbal backstabbing. Etc

Most of the westerners I meet either ask for dough, are drunk perpetually,  or complain incessantly.  

Just be careful 

• Like 5

Freebie
Posted
Posted
On 4/7/2023 at 2:03 PM, Tony123 said:

Makati (not P.Burgos nor any other chessy joints per se as I am not interested) at some of the top notch nightclubs (Club Royal, Black Market, Xylo, ..

Royal... biggest pick up place in Makati , every freelancer knows and goes to  the place . Usually more guys than girls for that reason.

P Burgos.. half of it dissapeared during covid, many places being replaced by local restaurant places. Gentrification of the street plus Pobalcion area as a whole. etc.

Most of the folk here on this board are married , but some of have retained or regained our single status. Im fine to meet up in Makati during day time.

Usually have my own evening activities, but after being here on and off 35 plus years, know just a bit and been to just a few places.. he says with English understatement.

• Like 2

Tony123
Posted
Posted

Thxs for all ur replies, appreciated. You know what, I will just go with the flow when i get there thxs again.

• Like 1