Sterling Pound reaches 70+ again

Gas
Posted
Posted

Not for me Jack. I’m planning a quick visit to the UK soon and I’ve earned Philippine pesos for the last 25 years. 
I read somewhere the UK pension is about to increase as well. Lucky you 🍻

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

The Philippine peso has likewise depreciated against the United States dollar, which is now around 56 to 1.  Some of the Marcos Regime proposals are going to exacerbate the currency problem like lowering the price of rice and new infrastructure through domestic and foreign borrowing.  While additional rice subsidies is politically popular, you have to pay for it.  The unpopular method is increasing taxes, so the government will borrow more.  Will the exchange rate be 60 to 1 before the year ends?

• Like 3

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

So well done the UK Pound, Back to 70. 01. Best for a year or two, let's hope it stays that way Cos it is Payday this week :shock_40_anim_gif:

Don't spend it all in one place Jack! :mocking:

stevewool
Posted
Posted
7 hours ago, Gas said:

Not for me Jack. I’m planning a quick visit to the UK soon and I’ve earned Philippine pesos for the last 25 years. 
I read somewhere the UK pension is about to increase as well. Lucky you 🍻

I’ll put you up so it will save on hotels , that way it won’t cost you that much 

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted
11 hours ago, JJReyes said:

Will the exchange rate be 60 to 1 before the year ends?

JJ. I hope so for your sake as you stated before you were basing you next venture at Christmas Time on that very  fact :tiphat: 

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Jack Peterson said:

JJ. I hope so for your sake as you stated before you were basing you next venture at Christmas Time on that very  fact :tiphat: 

It's merely an educated guess for budgeting.  If I am wrong, the only option is to dig deeper into my pocket for money or find ways to lower travel expenses.  

• Hmm thinking 1

Jack Peterson
Posted
Posted

1 Pound sterling equals

70.13 Philippine peso

:thumbsup:

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, Jack Peterson said:

1 Pound sterling equals

70.13 Philippine peso

I am also keeping an eye on Pound Sterling exchange rates versus the US dollar.  Our son informed us his company is sending him to Bristol during the summer on an exchange program.  He is bringing his family and has invited us to join them.  Prices have really gone up since our last visit to England.  I am thinking.  I am thinking.