The wheels of justice

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Often I see comments that nothing is ever solved or followed up on.

Elderly man arrested 10 years after slapping minor in Cebu City

A SENIOR citizen who slapped a minor boy 10 years ago was arrested by the police in Sitio Pungtod, Barangay Valladolid, Carcar City, southern Cebu around 9 a.m. on Friday, May 12, 2023.

The suspect was identified as Cesar Sasavan Albarracin, 62, single, a resident of the said place who works as a motorcycle mechanic.

Police Lieutenant Colonel Ardioleto Cabagnot, chief of Carcar City Police Station, told SunStar Cebu that Albarracin’s arrest was implemented by virtue of a warrant issued on January 28, 2014 by Judge Bienvenido Saniel Jr. of Cebu City Regional Trial Court branch 20.

The court allows the suspect to post a bail of P200,000 for his temporary liberty.

According to Cabagnot, the incident happened in Cebu City in 2013 when Albarracin slapped the boy.

However, the parents of the victim filed a case against Albarracin for violation of Republic Act 7610 or the Anti-Child Abuse Law.

Albarracin admitted that he slapped the boy for being stubborn.

It was learned that the minor, who is now an adult, was also imprisoned. (GPL, TPT)

https://www.sunstar.com.ph/article/1961096/cebu/local-news/elderly-man-arrested-10-years-after-slapping-minor-in-cebu-city

• Sad 1
  • Hmm thinking 1

Dave Hounddriver
Posted
Posted

I wish I had a better memory.  If I had a list of all the people who slapped me around when I was a minor then I could get rich off the lawsuits.

• Haha 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
11 minutes ago, Dave Hounddriver said:

I wish I had a better memory.  If I had a list of all the people who slapped me around when I was a minor then I could get rich off the lawsuits.

The reason you do not have a good memory is some people slapped you around as a child leading to minor brain damage. But no lawsuits as you need to be clever which can not happen since you have been slapped into,,,,, never mind, just being an ass :hystery:

• Love it 1
  • Haha 1