What happens to wife's property if she or both of us die?

Ricky
Posted
Posted

I'm interested to know what happens to the property if my wife or both of us die. We have one property in Rizal and looking for another in Cebu/Visayas, our kids have Philippine Passports. 

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

The property in Rizal is owned by your Filipina wife who was a citizen when she bought it. However it's been inhabited by her siblings who you say are a problem for some time. 

The property would go to her (your) children. However it would be unlikely they would ever be able to get those siblings out of the property.

• Like 3

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, Ricky said:

I'm interested to know what happens to the property if my wife or both of us die. We have one property in Rizal and looking for another in Cebu/Visayas, our kids have Philippine Passports. 

You might be interested in this topic

• Like 3

Ricky
Posted
Posted

Thank you for the replies, certainly some food for thought. 

Ricky
Posted
Posted
On 5/14/2023 at 9:41 PM, Jollygoodfellow said:

You might be interested in this topic

Perfect, lots of good stuff in this. My wife is 9 years older than me and it's highlighted a few issues we need to look out for and also explains why she had so many headaches when he parents died. 

Ricky
Posted
Posted
On 5/13/2023 at 11:18 PM, Old55 said:

The property in Rizal is owned by your Filipina wife who was a citizen when she bought it. However it's been inhabited by her siblings who you say are a problem for some time. 

The property would go to her (your) children. However it would be unlikely they would ever be able to get those siblings out of the property.

This is the issue, the kids would never want it to be honest, whilst we'll probably spend more time in the Philippines in the future, they've spent most of their childhood outside of the Philippines and have little interest in going back there. I also really don't care much about this property and just would rather make sure its never going to be a burden. 

Snowy79
Posted
Posted

Having tried to help friends find some decent land to buy and acting as the annoying friend who finds faults to allow them to go in with a lower bid I'm seeing so many issues with land here where those on the deeds are dead and family are now involved. 

Almost all lots we were shown have family disputes which will make the land worthless. There's always one greedy relative that sticks their head up. 

Another friend who bought land 7yrs ago and have the title in their name have just been petitioned by a son who came out of the woodwork last year, saying he wasn't informed of the sale and no one brought him up in the initial sale as he was living a long way away, it is going to cost the petitioner more than his share of the land as my mate will fight it all the way but it could last up to ten years apparently. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 2