Globe at home

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted

Having problems which crome and Globe at home.

Long story short, I recently took over the management of a condo which is rented out through airbnb. Anyway, its only got a Globe at home pre-paid wifi so I bought the modem home to set it up so I could load it. Nothing but headaches since and the Globes app is crap.

Anyway, I could load it through Gcash but on my computer chrome says no internet, but if l change to Firefox, the internet is working while connected to Globe.

So any geeks know how to solve this issue, it probably really doesn't matter as I will take the modem back to the unit ready for guests but sure caused headaches until l found out it was working but not which chrome.

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
19 hours ago, Mike J said:

Basically tried all that. Made no difference so why Globe and Chrome did not play together I don't know. The router has gone back to the unit it came from and the internet is working there and l don't use it at home so all good.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Jollygoodfellow said:

Basically tried all that. Made no difference so why Globe and Chrome did not play together I don't know. The router has gone back to the unit it came from and the internet is working there and l don't use it at home so all good.

Are you using BitDefender antivirus by any chance?

BrettGC
Posted
Posted
1 minute ago, Mike J said:

That was my going to be my suggestion as well; turn off any AV and only have Windows Defender and Firewall active if it's a computer.  Turn off VPN if you have it on a phone. 

But as it's already back in the apartment it's a mute point.  

• Like 1

Jollygoodfellow
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, BrettGC said:

That was my going to be my suggestion as well; turn off any AV and only have Windows Defender and Firewall active if it's a computer.  Turn off VPN if you have it on a phone. 

But as it's already back in the apartment it's a mute point.  

No Avast but yep, a moot point now

4 hours ago, Mike J said:

Nope, Avast