Any members live in or around Cabanatuan City?

MotorSarge
Posted
Posted

Any members live in or around Cabanatuan City?

If so, what is your perspective of the city, rentals, living, traffic, shopping, medical facilities, location to Manila & etc?

manofthecoldland
Posted
Posted

After reading the Wikipedia entry....   I can see a Filipina wanting to live there with her foreigner husband, in order to be close to family and her social support system.  But I fail to see what else may attract a foreigner to settle there, after just a cursory look. Maybe there are some metaphorical gold nuggets buried in the area that might make it a good home for a foreigner, with due respect to the city and its people.

I haven't looked at any of the tourist sites yet, and city promotional pages, but it is in an earthquake and typhoon zone, far from beaches and the sea, and not adjacent to, say, the Visayan Islands grouping that offers a lot of variety. It is close enough to the mountain ranges, if that interests a fellow.

It would be interesting to see if and what its ex-pat population is like. Let us know what you discover. Maybe I will check out and see if yout... has any interesting vids on it. I do enjoy learning about the many geographic cities of the various PI regions.

• Like 4

fillipino_wannabe
Posted
Posted

I'm building a house there.

Rent's cheaper than most places, 15-20k for the standard 4 bed subdivision house. Food etc is all cheaper than most places as most of it is grown around central Luzon. Even the electric seems to be cheaper, 9.5 pesos per Kwh last month, I hear of a lot of people paying 15 pesos+ in other areas.

Medical facilities are bad but only 3 hours to a decent hospital in Manila.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted
16 hours ago, fillipino_wannabe said:

I'm building a house there.

Rent's cheaper than most places, 15-20k for the standard 4 bed subdivision house. Food etc is all cheaper than most places as most of it is grown around central Luzon. Even the electric seems to be cheaper, 9.5 pesos per Kwh last month, I hear of a lot of people paying 15 pesos+ in other areas.

Medical facilities are bad but only 3 hours to a decent hospital in Manila.

Yep - we paid 11.8 per Kwh last month here in Iloilo.  

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
abhamit533
Posted
Posted

I bought a condo twenty minutes from the airport. It is 300m from every known shop you need. There is a weekend market which has everything Filipino. And I mean everything from trendy ginger beer to soft boiled duck eggs still in the shell. Starbucks is 150m away. I have the choice of Chinese, multiple Japanese and some pretty good local restaurants like Kuya J and Frank Reyes (try the Liempo!). I have three banks downstairs. My watch repair guy is nearby and charges sums like US$6–8 for a complete clean and battery replacement.

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...
abhamit533
Posted
Posted

I hear of a lot of people paying 15 pesos+ in other areas. pikashow

ppsspp emulator

• Hmm thinking 1

hk blues
Posted
Posted
15 hours ago, abhamit533 said:

I hear of a lot of people paying 15 pesos+ in other areas. pikashow

ppsspp emulator

In Visaya, Negros Oriental is 18.11php and the average is 15php.   

• Sad 1