Shipping Lazada/Shopee to way out in the province

JoeLansing
Posted
Posted

My wife built us a house here:  https://www.google.com/maps/@9.9387954,124.1544434,15.78z?entry=ttu    It's in the middle of Bohol, very far from anything.   What do I use for an address?  I see that Inabanga and Sagbayan both have their Municipal Halls listed as post offices.  Is that some type of an option?  Our family of 4 is going there for 3 weeks in July.  I'm sure we will have a massive shopping list of things we need for the house.

Thank you for any ideas!

- Joe

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted

Joe, if you only visit for three weeks in July perhaps it's best to wait on buying major house needs. Curious who is watching or living in the house now. Good luck.

• Like 2

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted

Most likely the drivers will call you for directions, until they are familiar with where you live, prior to the delivery.  Have a text file ready to copy/paste into a text message which will give them directions.  Best to have it in the local dialect and also to use landmarks as well as street/road names.

• Like 2

hk blues
Posted
Posted

Even living in a relatively populated suburb of a reasonably-sized city with a specific and identifiable address with street signs, I am still asked to draw a map with main landmarks when arranging deliveries from stores - not for Lazada or Shopee though.  It drives me nuts as I'm no Picasso! 

• Haha 1

gbmmbg
Posted
Posted
41 minutes ago, hk blues said:

I'm no Picasso! 

That my problem also. here is the derections to our house....lol

female-head.jpg

• Haha 5

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
5 hours ago, JoeLansing said:

My wife built us a house here:  https://www.google.com/maps/@9.9387954,124.1544434,15.78z?entry=ttu    It's in the middle of Bohol, very far from anything.   What do I use for an address?  I see that Inabanga and Sagbayan both have their Municipal Halls listed as post offices.  Is that some type of an option?  Our family of 4 is going there for 3 weeks in July.  I'm sure we will have a massive shopping list of things we need for the house.

Thank you for any ideas!

- Joe

That is remote.  I have been through there twice, stopping at Sagbayan Peak.  My wife is from Inabanga.  Beautiful countryside but very remote.  I sent a small generator to Inabanga, via LBC, but that was years ago.  My BIL lives right next to the market and everyone knows him, so no issues with delivery.  You should probably talk to your relatives / neighbors about the address.

Hopefully you will have a vehicle?  You can probably pickup most of the stuff you need on a day trip to Tagbilaran City.  I have rented a car in Tagbilaran, twice.  It was cheap but that was a while back.  Driving is safe and easy too, except for in Tag City, but not bad there either.  Or, day trip or overnight by ferry to Cebu City.

Is your wife building the house for your family or for her relatives?  At 66, I could not live so remotely due to medical care.  When we visited in 2012, my wife had am emergency and we had to go to the hospital in Tag City.  Pretty bad.  However, they have a brand new ACE hospital that opened a few years back.  Hopefully much better.

• Like 2

JoeLansing
Posted
Posted

<OnMyWay>  Hopefully you will have a vehicle?  You can probably pickup most of the stuff you need on a day trip to Tagbilaran City.

I don't plan on having a vehicle, unless it's cheaper than running around in a habal-habal or hiring a van to haul stuff.  I don't really want the headaches of car ownership.  Not to mention the way they drive down there in big towns is just scary.  At some point I could see myself getting a Honda Click 125 for local running around though.  There is a BQ mall and an Altus now in Tubigon which is "only" about 45km away from me, but still way closer than Tagbilaran.  Hmm, now that I look at it Island City Mall in Tagbilaran is only 60km.  I think my biggest shopping challenge will be buying a good steak, or roasts for the grill.  
So far at 64 I'm blessed with very good health.  Ever since I lost about 60 pounds I can run, jump rope, or whatever without any issues.  The ACE hospital is supposed to be good.  Here is a video review of it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YP4edCdhdMk

• Like 2