Larger Shoe Sizes

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted

For those of you with big feet, you probably know that most shoe places max out at US size 11. The new Decathlon store at SM Clark has a lot of size 12 and 13, in various styles of athletic shoes. Prices are nice too. They seems to have their own "brands" and the quality seems to be ok.

Decathlon has stores in NCR and I have always wanted to visit one.  I think the new Clark one is the farthest north.  It is a bit like an REI in the U.S., but more emphasis on having a wide variety of sports covered.  In addition to trekking and camping, they got every else covered.  You name it.  I was expecting high prices, but I thought most were very reasonable.  Bicycles are 50% off right now, and they seem to be very good quality.

My daughters really enjoyed the store.  They have a lot of setups to try and they don't mind if you try all the display equipment too.

• Like 1
  • Love it 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted

When you reach a certain age, shoe length and width remain about the same.  No problem ordering a new pair online.  

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, JJReyes said:

When you reach a certain age, shoe length and width remain about the same.  No problem ordering a new pair online.  

True about our size remaining the same JJ. But the darn manufactures shoe sizes are not the same so it's best to try them on.

I've large feet (size 14 - 14 1/2) some size 14 fit some don't but most common brand amazon will gladly accept returns.

Will amazon accept clothing & shoe returns on orders from Philippines?

• Like 1

Lee
Posted
Posted
1 hour ago, Old55 said:

Will amazon accept clothing & shoe returns on orders from Philippines?

I have returned shoes to Amazon.US in the past. Slow process but it works.

You will have to pay the return postage normally and then get a credit in your account.

Shoes for bigger people are hard to find in the PI----Amazon is about the only source that I know of.

• Like 1

JJReyes
Posted
Posted
3 hours ago, Old55 said:

True about our size remaining the same JJ. But the darn manufactures shoe sizes are not the same so it's best to try them on.

I forgot to mention.  I order from the same manufacturer, New Balance.  Women probably can't understand why I won't spend hours trying different shoes before practicing, "picking & returning."  I used to buy collared shirts and tell the clerk, "Half a dozen please in different colors." but my wife put a stop.  

• Haha 3

Baluoyolo
Posted
Posted

I was able to find some size 14 on Lazada but it took quite a bit of searching. Never ran into any physical shop that sold this size. Actually never thought about ordering from Amazon to the Philippines - I was thinking the delivery times might be crazy but perhaps I was wrong?

• Forum Support
Mike J
Posted
Posted
23 hours ago, JJReyes said:

I forgot to mention.  I order from the same manufacturer, New Balance.  Women probably can't understand why I won't spend hours trying different shoes before practicing, "picking & returning."  I used to buy collared shirts and tell the clerk, "Half a dozen please in different colors." but my wife put a stop.  

Men go to a story to buy, women go to a store to shop.  :571c66d400c8c_1(103):   But we love them anyway. :biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
Sailor Jerry
Posted
Posted
On 6/16/2023 at 6:45 AM, JJReyes said:

Good to know about New Balance, I like their wider size shoes & will give this a try as have nothing but trouble with footwear here, Thanks