I'm trying to estimate when my wife will get her spouse visa interview

MowTin
Posted
Posted

I got an email from the National Visa Center on 3/22 stating that they have all the document. They said they will send me a notice regarding the interview date. I didn't expect it to take 3 months just to get a date. 

Is there a website or forum where people share the dates during their timeline? 

Joey G
Posted
Posted

Took me almost 6 months.... in 1979/80... and I  personally visited the American Embassy in the Philippines to prod it along. 2023... if it gets done in year... you're lucky.  Don't bother calling the State Department... IF you have a good congressman/woman, MAYBE they can get some info... but the line is long.

1 hour ago, MowTin said:

Never saw one specifically for that purpose.... because as you will see for yourself... once get the visa... the last thing on your mind is sharing dates and timelines with the rest of the world :(

Good luck.

OnMyWay
Posted
Posted
2 hours ago, MowTin said:

I got an email from the National Visa Center on 3/22 stating that they have all the document. They said they will send me a notice regarding the interview date. I didn't expect it to take 3 months just to get a date. 

Visa Journey

Unfortunately they are a mess again on CR1/IR1.  In January it seemed they were caught up and interview letters were sent quickly.  Then people like you who were DQ in Feb and after, very few have gotten the letters.  One of the head guys at the Embassy gave an interview about this:

https://www.bworldonline.com/the-nation/2023/06/01/526354/us-embassy-aims-to-cut-visa-appointment-waiting-period-in-the-phl/

THE UNITED STATES Embassy in Manila on Thursday said it aims to reduce the waiting period for visa appointment bookings by the end of the year to 2-3 months from the current 4-5 months.  

“We have worked very hard to improve our efficiency to make the process as smooth and easy as possible, to allow for as much capacity as we can handle, for the Philippine public to apply for visas to travel to the United States,” Consul General Mark McGovern told a news briefing at the US Embassy in Manila.  

He said a total of 188,038 nonimmigrant visas have been processed from October 2021 to September 2022.   

At the height of the coronavirus pandemic, visa applicants had to wait at least two years to book an appointment, the official said.  

The US Embassy earlier raised the visa processing fees for nonimmigrant visas globally to $185 from $160.  

Mr. McGovern said the hike was based on a cost-of-service study that considered the increases in salaries of the embassy’s staff and other maintenance costs.  

In a press release on Thursday, the embassy said it issued 21,654 immigrant visas and 77,502 visas for Filipino ship and airline crew members, which was more than any US embassy in the world.  

The consul general also gave assurance that the embassy was well-equipped to deter cases of fraud and human trafficking through its anti-fraud unit within the consular section.  

James Fellows, deputy consular general, told reporters during a tour of the consular section that 1,200 to 1,500 nonimmigrant visas are being processed daily.  

“We have a Philippine-American diaspora in the United States of about four million people,” Mr. McGovern said.   

“Put these things together, and it is very much a symbol of the strong people-to-people ties and family ties between the Philippines and the United States.” — John Victor D. Ordoñez 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

mountainside
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2023 at 7:23 PM, OnMyWay said:

Visa Journey

Yes.  Very helpful from the day we married in the Phils to the day my wife became a US citizen.  Best wishes to you.  Patience and persistence is important.    

• 1 month later...
Maxheadspace
Posted
Posted
On 6/25/2023 at 6:23 PM, MowTin said:

I know this is an older thread, but you are probably still in the visa pipeline so it may be of use.  The website/forum "visajourney.com" provides a venue where people post their US visa application activities and it plots them out on timelines.  It will give you the best current info on what to expect.  People also post their experiences with immigration and can ask questions, like yours, to leverage the collective knowledge of the group.  

• Thanks 1

• Forum Support
Old55
Posted
Posted
6 hours ago, Maxheadspace said:

I know this is an older thread, but you are probably still in the visa pipeline so it may be of use.  The website/forum "visajourney.com" provides a venue where people post their US visa application activities and it plots them out on timelines.  It will give you the best current info on what to expect.  People also post their experiences with immigration and can ask questions, like yours, to leverage the collective knowledge of the group.  

Great information.

That guy posted his message and never returned.